Day-By-Day Breakdown of Conversion Rate for Each Variation

by Francis-Teo ‎05-19-2014 May 19, 2014

I need a day-by-day breakdown of the conversion rate for each variation. This isn't available in the new results page, only conversions numbers (not conversion rate) broken down day-by-day.

Daily conversions without the context of how many unique visitors is not useful, as the nunber of unique visitors may vary depending on the segment, and of course, there might be slight variations in the unique number of visitors per variation on a day-to-day basis even if the experiment is a 50/50 A/B split test.

This feature has been available on major competitor platforms and it's very disappointing that Optimizely hasn't implemented this crucial feature.

It is a necessary step to for any conversion rate optimization project to investigate the daily conversion rates to see if there are any validity threats to the data on a particular day caused by various factors. In fact, if this could be done on a more granular basis, even better.

Right now this is impossible to do with Optimizely without exporting the raw data (which might consist of a large dataset) just to do this simple analysis.

This is an extremely important feature to my agency and would be relatively simply to implement as the number of conversions and number of unique visitors is already readily available.

Level 2

Comments
by Optimizely
‎07-29-2014 July 29, 2014
Status changed to: Great Idea!

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎03-02-2016 March 2, 2016 - edited ‎03-02-2016 March 2, 2016

Hi @Francis-Teo,

If I understood your need correctly, you should be able to view the daily conversion rate by modifying the Date Range option in the Results page. The default options include "Today" and "Yesterday" but you can define any date (and time) range.

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎03-02-2016 March 2, 2016
Status changed to: Already Have It

Optimizely