0 Likes

Demo Goals On Variations

by ‎07-18-2014 July 18, 2014

It might be that I am missing something really obvious but when assigning goals I am never ever to test they are correctly tracking on the variations that have been created. It only allows you to see what is being tracked on the orginal page. This can be a bit annoying when creating new CTAs and you want to verify the goal recognises them..

Am I missing anything obvious? 

Level 11

Comments
by Optimizely
‎07-18-2014 July 18, 2014 - edited ‎07-18-2014 July 18, 2014

Hey @adzeds - I hope I am understanding your question correctly, but there are a few ways to test out the goals for variations. 

1. You can use the preview feature to view the variation,  navigate to the events tab and then right click on the button. You should see the event trigger in the log output.

2. You can set your experiment live using a test cookie or test query string parameter to ensure live traffic does not get into the experiment. When you are bucketed into the variation, you can click the goal while viewing the network traffic. You'll see an Optimizely log event with the goal information. 

You can check out the Support article here for more details. Also, for details on how to create a click goal on brand new content in your variation, check out the article here.

Was this what you were looking for? Let me know if not.  

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎07-23-2014 July 23, 2014
Status changed to: Already Have It

Optimizely