0 Likes

Enable MVT functionality in new reporting (group variations together)

by taradunn ‎07-08-2014 July 8, 2014

We do quite a lot of MultiVariate tests. The old reports had functionality to allow us to group different multivariate changes together, for example if I am testing 3 variations in the header and 3 variations in the footer, I could group all the results together in such a way that showed me performance for the three variations in the header only. For example, by default you might see:

• Header A, Footer B = X% Conv Rate
  • Header B, Footer B = X% Conv Rate
  • Header C, Footer B = X% Conv Rate
  • Header A, Footer A = X% Conv Rate
  • .... and so on, so you'd have 9 rows.

In the old report, I could group it together so I could see the average conversion rate for all variations with Header A, Header B, and Header C so that I could tell my client which of these variations had the most impact, which of the Footer variations had the most impact, and what the winning combination of the two was.

Level 1

Comments
by Optimizely
‎07-08-2014 July 8, 2014

Hey there. Our product team is actually working on adding this functionality back into the new results page as we speak. It should be available soon! I will confirm once it is ready to go.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Optimizely
by jrichardson
‎07-15-2014 July 15, 2014

Hi,

Could you provide the model behind how this works so i can build it out myself? Or direct me what to research?

Level 2
by Optimizely

@taradunn - 

Good news! We've added back MVT section selections to the new results page. Now, you can deselect one or more MVT sections by going to the Baseline picker menu. You can also set different baselines there. The selection will apply to all the goal and variation modules shown.

@jrichardson - Does this also do the trick for you? Were you just looking to do it yourself because it was not available? 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Optimizely
by Optimizely
Status changed to: Done

Optimizely
by taradunn

@Amanda Thanks! That looks like it works perfectly. Thank you so much!

Level 1
by jrichardson

@Amanda Hi Amanda, I was looking to do it myself because it wasn't available. Thanks so much, this is great!

Level 2
by Optimizely
‎11-04-2014 November 4, 2014
Status changed to: Done

Optimizely