Experiment data API

by Duncan Level 2 ‎04-17-2014 April 17, 2014

We as an agency would love to have an experiment data API so that we can integrate Optimizely experiments with all of our other reporting data. This would allow us to show clients the impact of CRO in many more ways

Level 2

Comments
by
‎04-28-2014 April 28, 2014
Status changed to: New

Community Manager
by Optimizely
‎06-02-2014 June 2, 2014
Status changed to: Great Idea!

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎06-03-2014 June 3, 2014

Duncan,

Thanks for the suggestion!  Several of our customers have requested getting access to experiment data through an API.  We are actively working on expanding our APIs and this is on the roadmap.

If you have specific suggestions on what you would want from this API, I would love to hear them.

Optimizely
by jeffblettner
‎06-20-2014 June 20, 2014

I agree, this would be extremely useful to our reporting. How can we be notified of it's release?

Level 2
by Duncan Level 2
‎07-02-2014 July 2, 2014

Hi John, 

First and foremost we'd like to be able to get data on the performance of experiment variations via an API. Traffic to each variation, conversion rates, revenue per visitor etc. Ideally we would be able to set date ranges to specify the period to extract and also be able to specify how it's segmented (daily, weekly, monthly) etc. 

I know you guys are working on annotations for experiments as well, and it would be great to be able to extract these also so that it's easier to add to experiment timelines. 

Thanks Smiley Happy

Level 2
by Optimizely
‎09-15-2014 September 15, 2014 - last edited on ‎09-15-2014 September 15, 2014 by Optimizely

@Duncan and @jeffblettner 

Our REST API now supports getting results from experiments.  Please see the documentation http://developers.optimizely.com/rest/#get-results and the code sample at http://developers.optimizely.com/samples/#results.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please email us at developers@optimizely.com.

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎09-15-2014 September 15, 2014
Status changed to: Done

Optimizely