Folders on Dashboard

by salismat ‎07-03-2014 July 3, 2014

Please, please please can you put some folders on the dashboard? I don't want to have to implement a new code snippet every tme I want to put things in a folder. Really simple idea but would be fantastically useful. 

Once you have run over 30 tests you want to be able to quickly find the ones you are working on creating and the ones that have completed. Its a waste of time to scrolling up and down the page. This is particularly acute when you are trying to present your wizzy new tool to the Marketing Director and you can't find the things you need.

Thank you

Matt

Level 2

Comments
by Steve_Cannon
‎04-16-2014 April 16, 2014

It would be great to assign a category (ie marketing site, lead gen, account sign up, post-conversion, etc.) to each experiment in order to group and quantify optimization to specific areas with a funnel and/or workflow.  

Level 2
by Optimizely
‎06-02-2014 June 2, 2014
Status changed to: New

Optimizely
by
‎07-03-2014 July 3, 2014

I can see a use for this.

Do you archive your completed tests?

Also, do you use a test numbering system to make it easy to find your tests?

e.g. Tst001, Tst002, etc?

Level 11
by
‎07-07-2014 July 7, 2014

Would really love to see this feature as well, it's really hard to find tests from a year ago as the only proper attribute you can filter on is the modified date of a test if even that changes in the meantime than you're screwed.

Level 10
by zemaniac
‎07-07-2014 July 7, 2014

Definitely a +1

Level 2
by Optimizely
‎07-08-2014 July 8, 2014
Status changed to: Great Idea!
We're working on improving the dashboard, and this is a great suggestion. I'd love to speak more with anyone who has feedback or ideas on how to organize tests better. If you have some time to discuss it, please email me at jon.noronha@optimizely.com. Thanks!
Optimizely
by alphanumerritt
‎07-30-2014 July 30, 2014

Yes please!!!!

by Sergei_Kogut
‎08-19-2014 August 19, 2014

Plus One   ===   +1   ===   Yes to Folders!

Level 2
by Optimizely
‎11-21-2014 November 21, 2014

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we've incorporated this idea into the new dashboard, which we're beta testing now. To try it out, just visit http://www.optimizely.com/dashboard and then click the link at the top of the page that says "try the beta". I'd love to hear your feedback!

We haven't put actual folders in (though we're still thinking about it), but we did add the ability to tag your expeirments and search for them. Using the new description field, which you can reach by selecting an experiment and clicking edit text in the sidebar on the right, you can add #hashtags in the description. These will show up in your experiment list and you can search by them. Once you search with a tag, your URL will change so you can favorite it for easy access.

Hope that helps - we'd love your feedback on tagging and the new dashboard as a whole.

Thanks,

Jon

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎06-01-2015 June 1, 2015
Status changed to: Done (Partially)

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎06-10-2015 June 10, 2015

Greetings from the Education team!

We've added a few tips to the Home page article describing how to use #hashtags in the descriptions you set up for your experiments, goals, audiences, and dimensions. Take a look, and let us know how you use #hashtags to organize your tests!

Thanks,

Daniel 

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎03-02-2016 March 2, 2016
Status changed to: Done

Optimizely