Integrate Sample Size Calculater into tests

by Betabrand ‎07-24-2014 July 24, 2014

I just read your article on how long to run a test.

It would be great if you folks would integrate your Sample Size Calculator directly into tests.  Since the number of variations and daily visitors are known by the test, if the initial parameters are entered, the test results page should be able to give you a real-time estimate of how much longer you should run your tests.

With our new Stats Engine, we now provide a real-time estimate of how much longer you'll have to wait (in number of visitors) before your test calls a winner or loser, assuming the observed conversion rates were to hold. Read more about Stats Engine in our FAQ

Level 2

Comments
by
‎07-25-2014 July 25, 2014

Yeah. This is a great idea..

I have to keep copying data into my calculator here to give me an estimated completion date:

http://davidshawblog.com/testing-tools/ab-test-significance-calculator/

Would be great if it did it automagically/

Level 11
by Optimizely
‎07-27-2014 July 27, 2014

This is a great idea. For reference @adzeds , Optimizely also provides a calculator here

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎07-30-2014 July 30, 2014
Status changed to: Great Idea!

Optimizely
by Valerie
‎09-26-2014 September 26, 2014

After attending your webinar a couple weeks ago, I realized the danger of leaving at test running too long - I had always been focusing on the 'too-short' end of the spectrum.  It would be great if you could schedule the test to end once each variation received the appropriate amount of visitors and send you a notification!

Level 1
by Optimizely
‎01-27-2015 January 27, 2015 - edited ‎01-27-2015 January 27, 2015
Status changed to: Done

With our new Stats Engine, we now provide a real-time estimate of how much longer you'll have to wait (in number of visitors) before your test calls a winner or loser, assuming the observed conversion rates were to hold. Read more about Stats Engine in our FAQ

Optimizely