It would be great to have a goal funnel within Optimizely

by raviv ‎10-02-2014 October 2, 2014

Hi

It would be awesome to have a  goal funnel within Optimizely for experiments with page view goals that tracks the visitor flow within the experimental conditions.

I am looking at my analytics program in which I have configured the experiments. But there is always the possibility of data skew as visitors from outside the experiment do end up on the goal page in the analytics software.

Thanks

Ravi

Level 2

Comments
by ShaneG
‎11-05-2014 November 5, 2014 - edited ‎11-05-2014 November 5, 2014

Ravi,  Are you using Google Analytics?  If you configure a goal funnel and ensure that each screen/page is "required", then you can use that goal as a metric in custom reports for your optimizely experiments.

Level 2
by raviv
‎11-10-2014 November 10, 2014

Hi Shane

Thanks for your comment. Appreciate it very much.

I am using the goal funnel within Analytics for all experiments. My request for a feature was to have a provision within Optimizely to set up a goal sequence path that will only track the visitors who take part in the test.

With an analytics software, there is always the chance for visitors to land on the test page or one of the intermidate pages leading to the final goal and skew figures. Hence my request.

Regards

Ravi

Level 2
by Optimizely
‎11-10-2014 November 10, 2014
Status changed to: Great Idea!

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎03-01-2016 March 1, 2016

Hi Ravi,

If I understand correctly, you want to be able to track (within Optimizely) the percent of visitors in an experiment that reach page 1, then page 2, then page 3 in sequence.  

Is that right?

Optimizely