Memory Board

by Level 13 ‎11-24-2015 November 24, 2015

I've noticed that through a number of experiments I've built, a lot of code gets reused in other experiments. It'd be great to have the option to add code to some type of memory board so that it could easily get added to future experiments.

Level 13

Comments
by JDahlinANF
‎11-24-2015 November 24, 2015

I use a "Proof of Concept" experiment that has different variations with the sample-code ripe for copy/paste into new experiments
(e.g., one that adds a class to the <body> tag, one that waits for an element to appear on a page or a variable to become defined, one for inserting CSS into the head, one for adding an event binding, one that creates a function which it runs directly and again whenever a trigger is called, etc.)

Level 2
by Level 13

Nice, I've not thought of putting all of those things which I also commonly use into an experiment. Currently, I've just got snippets on various Sublime documents.

Level 13
by JDahlinANF

To be honest - it's a mixed bag.

For times when I need to adjust an experiment after-hours and I don't have VPN, using the experiment is a blessing.

But... The UI in optimizely is a bit slow to get at the code inside each variation (can take a minute or so for the experiment to load, and if there is a timeout loading your site, you have to start all over again).

So I also keep these in a nicely formatted MSWord document that other team members could access should I ever get hit by a bus.

Level 2
by Level 13

Timeout loading can be very frustrating! The MSWord sounds good and similar to what I've got going on for Sublime.

Level 13