0 Likes

New "View Results" is confusing. Please don't remove old way to view

by Pianist718 on ‎04-17-2014 April 17, 2014 - last edited on ‎04-18-2014 April 18, 2014 by Optimizely

Cool new charts but I am liking the old way, sorry.

Level 2

Comments
by Optimizely
‎04-17-2014 April 17, 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback. We're still in beta and will be making improvements using feedback like this. Please feel free to share more detail around what you'd like to see improved.
Optimizely
by Pianist718

Vertical space is crucial to see as many things as possible in it. Changing dates function is confusing. Want to see Original and Variation graph and numbers together without doing extra clicking.

Level 2
by Optimizely
Thank you! This is really helpful feedback. I will share this withthe product team.
Optimizely
by Duncan Level 2
‎04-22-2014 April 22, 2014

I actually really like the new layout in many ways. It's more powerful, and I particularly like the highlighting of variations in the graphs when you roll-over a variation in the reporting table. A couple of things I would like to see changed though:

1.) Changing date ranges - I agree with Pianist, this is confusing and I would like to be set date ranges globally for the report dashboard rather than have to do it for every goal individually.

2.) I can't see which variations are paused in the new reporting tables, or pause them from this view, which I liked about the old report page.

Just my thoughts.

Perhaps you should start a dedicated section in this forum about the new reports to encourage more feedback?

Level 2
by envisionitmedia Level 2

When I click "Show Details" for a goal, I would like to see all of the segments ranked by order of conversion rate (like they are in the old results page). It seems like now they are ranked by variation name. This would make it easier to see which variations are performing best at a glance.

by JamieS

There also needs to be an easy way to change the primary goal. It doesn't appear that you can do that now. 

Also, you have to click through to see the confidence level for your results. Please place that on the first view of the metrics. 

Level 2
by Optimizely
‎07-30-2014 July 30, 2014

Hey everyone, I was reviewing this idea thread with a few of our Product Managers last night. In order to make sure we can address each of these concerns, I have broken the ideas out into separate threads for easier review by our Product team. 

@JamieS - the primary goal functionality is working now. You should be able to set a primary goal. Let me know if you have any questions on this. 

@envisionitmedia - There is a separate idea there here about sorting your results by a specific metric. Please upvote this idea. Comments and updates will be applied to this idea thread moving forward.

@Duncan -  I have separated your two ideas into spearate ideas. You can find the idea about changing date ranges here ( @Pianist718 , this applies to your suggestion as well) . You can find the idea about being able to pause a variation from the results page here

@Pianist718 - We recently pushed a change that saves your view settings on the results page. So if you click "Expand All" in the top right, then you will continue to see the results page view with all the graphs expanded each time you return (without any extra clicking).

Please let me know if anyone has any questions or concerns with the above! 

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎07-30-2014 July 30, 2014
Status changed to: Maybe One Day

Optimizely