0 Likes

Please bring back the pop out URL validator

by ben ‎09-23-2014 September 23, 2014
Hey Optimizley Please bring back the pop out URL Validator. Maybe I am in a A/B test to hide it but I miss it. Ben
ben
Level 2

Comments
by ben
‎09-10-2014 September 10, 2014

Could you add a quick link to your URL validator under the Resources Menu on the home page. That would make it super easy to find. Above or below the sample size calculator would be great.

ben
Level 2
by Optimizely

Great idea, @ben ! We're actually looking into building the URL Match Validator right into the URL Targeting window so that it's not a separate pop-up anymore, but I hadn't heard of a request to put it in our Resources section.

So that our product team can understand your request, are you saying that you would use the match validator when you're not even in the URL Targeting menu? Could you tell us more about how you'd want to use it?

Optimizely
by ben

yes we use it all the time to match URL targeting. It is a handy little tool and quick access would be good

optiversse.png

ben
Level 2
by Optimizely
‎09-23-2014 September 23, 2014

Hey @ben - This functionality actually still exists, it's just no longer a pop-up. It now exists within the URL targeting modal itself. See the attached screenshot for reference. Just click the arrow next to "URL match validator" to expand the URL field.

Is this what you were looking for? Please let me know if not! Also, please let me know if you are still having trouble finding it. 

Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 2.52.41 PM.png

Optimizely
by ben

As it is not a pop up you cant leave it open on your desk top and come back to it.  You need to navigate back to it and then use it. If your coding and have a few different windows open it is easier and I find faster to nav to the pop up.

ben
Level 2
by Optimizely

@ben - That's a very valid point and thanks for bringing it up. I'll definitely circle around with the product team on this one! 

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎11-04-2014 November 4, 2014
Status changed to: New

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎11-04-2014 November 4, 2014

Thanks for the suggestion! Are there other pieces of the product you'd like to have more readily available, or is it mostly just the validator?

Optimizely
by spitshinedesign
‎11-12-2014 November 12, 2014

I like the idea of the match validator being incorporated in the URL Targeting window, but I'm trying to validate a goal using page views. Looking to run the URL validator to confirm I have it set correctly.

Agree with Ben that it would be great to have it as a standalone window/resource.

by Optimizely
‎02-13-2015 February 13, 2015
Status changed to: Great Idea!

Optimizely