Plug in Additional Data Points

by ShaneHale ‎07-31-2015 July 31, 2015

The Optimizely Statistical engine is great, however when your primary KPI can't be tracked by Optimizely you are forced to used multiple data sources.  For all the tests I run, revenue is based on an offsite conversion. A place where our Optimizely script does not live.

It would be nice to plug in data such as revenue to calculate confidence for these external metrics.

Level 2

Comments
by Optimizely
‎08-19-2015 August 19, 2015

Shane, this is a great suggestion.  Can I ask how you'd prefer to plug in this data?  (that is, would you prefer to make API calls to register additional datapoints, upload a CSV, type in numbers, etc?)

Optimizely
by George
‎08-20-2015 August 20, 2015

One small point I'd like to make is that you should have a unified ID across Optimizely and your third party conversion site. Otherwise, there would be no way to match up the conversions to a given user who saw a particular variation.

If you already have a unique ID for your users for tracking purposes, Optimizely has a call in it's JavaScript/iOS/Android SDKs where you can set it there. Then, as long as you use the same ID in your conversion reports, and given the ability to import data (or ping Optimizely with a conversion and even revenue event), things will come together.

Alternatively, you can use one of the integrations Optimizely has (Google, Mixpanel, etc.)  to see your variation information in the context of the rest of your data. You can even roll your own

Level 2