Rename experiments from Dashboard, not just from editing experiments

by jonohey ‎06-16-2014 June 16, 2014

Minor suggestion:

I often find myself wanting to rename experiments, so the naming can be consistent across experiments, when I see them together with others on the dashboard. It's a minor annoyance to have to slowly load to edit each one just to change the names to be consistent across experiments.

So,  a nice minor improvement, would be to add a 'rename' option on clicking on an experiment in the dashboard, so you can rename without going to edit the experiment.

Level 2

Comments
by cubelodyte
‎06-25-2014 June 25, 2014

+1 to this.

In fact, I was about to post a similar request about modifying traffic allocations. It seems there are a number of things that it would be nice to change from the Dashboard.

Not only is it cumbersome to bring up the editor for the minor changes I'll list below (including this rename request), but now that there's a warning message that comes up whenever changes are made to a running experiment. Because of this, it would be especially helpful to have external access to settings that don't modify the actual variations:

• Experiment Name
  • Traffic Allocations (perhaps this is best from the results page)
  • Goals (this used to be available from the results page)
  • Targeting

Level 6
by Optimizely
‎07-08-2014 July 8, 2014
Status changed to: Great Idea!
We're starting to work on improving the dashboard now, and this is a great suggestion. If you have any other feedback on the dashboard, I'd love to hear from you at jon.noronha@optimizely.com. Thanks!
Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎11-21-2014 November 21, 2014

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we've incorporated this idea into the new dashboard, which we're beta testing now. To try it out, just visit http://www.optimizely.com/dashboard and then click the link at the top of the page that says "try the beta". I'd love to hear your feedback!

Specifically, you can select an experiment on the dashboard and then click on the title in the sidebar to change it without loading the editor. You can also add a description and change other settings like goals, targeting, and traffic allocation. Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Jon

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎04-02-2015 April 2, 2015
Status changed to: Done

Optimizely