See combined conversion rate for multiple goals

by envisionitmedia Level 2 ‎04-22-2014 April 22, 2014

It would be great to be able to see the conversion rate for multiple goals in the results page, with the ability to create goal "clusters".

A lot of our clients have more than one conversion on their site, e.g. sign up, contact us, and chat -- they all become leads.

For example:

- goal 1

- goal 2

- goal 3

- goal 4

- goal 5

- cluster goal 1 (combination of CR for goals 1-3)

This would save a lot of manual Excel work!

Comments
by envisionitmedia Level 2
‎04-22-2014 April 22, 2014

Addendum:

It would also be great to be able to assign values to goals so we can see how the relative values of different goals add up.

Example:

- Contact us = $50

- Sandbox registration = $20

Variation A has a 50% lift for sandbox and a 15% lift for sign up.

Variation B has a 35% lift for sandbox and a 20% lift for sign up.

Figuring out which variation has the biggest net lift in value requires custom Excel work. With goal values + goal clusters, we can see the aggregate lift in value per visitor for each variation.

by convertify Level 1
‎04-23-2014 April 23, 2014

This is pretty easy to do, even with tracking revenue if you use event tracking.

@RobertEIM, you can track multiple goals as the same goal as so:

1. Go to the edit experiment page which has the goals you want
  2. For each "click element" goal, click on view goal and then clicked advanced. Note down what's in the "selector" box. For this example I'll assume it says '.somebutton', and also assume click goal #2 that I also want to track says '#otherbutton #submit,.submit'.
  3. For each pageview goal, just note down the url. I'll assume it's http://domain.com/page
  4. Go to the edit experiment page, click options -> Global Javascript, then put in the following code (make sure to adjust to match your selectors):

<script>

$(function() {

window['optimizely'] = window['optimizely'] || [];

if (/.*domain.com\/page.*/.test(window.location.href)) {

window['optimizely'].push(["trackEvent", "myGoal", {"revenue": valueInCents}]);

}

$("#otherbutton #submit,.submit,.somebutton").click(function()  

window['optimizely'].push(["trackEvent", "myGoal", {"revenue": valueInCents}]);

});

});

</script>

The key is to make sure the event name "myGoal" is the same across all events. 

If you have more than one URL to track, change /.*domain.com\/page.*/ to /.*(URL1|URL2).*/ and make sure to leave out the http:/// and www. part, and change forwardslashes to \/ (a forward slash preceded by a backslash)

Level 1
by Optimizely
‎06-02-2014 June 2, 2014
Status changed to: Great Idea!

Optimizely
by timgregory
‎06-20-2014 June 20, 2014

I found a much easier way to do this... we also have about 5 different lead types (e.g. click to view number, click to send message, click to view email etc.), and would like to be able to group them all together into an 'all leads' metric. 

I found that a simple way to accomplish this is to create a 6th conversion that I called 'all leads', and then used the visual interface to connect the lead event to all 5 of the lead types on the page.

Now when a user clicks on one of the buttons, it contributes both to the individual conversion, and also to the All Leads conversion.

No editing of code required.

Level 2
by mhumphrey
‎08-16-2016 August 16, 2016

Has the original suggestion been implemented (without the need to manually edit the script)?

I've got a client that has an experiment running with two URL goals (two flavors of site sign up with different thank you pages). The test version is winning on both goals, but the significance level is going to take an (overlong) time to achieve significance for both individually. I'd like to easily see the combined conversion rate and improvement over the control -- and also the significance of that combined improvement. 

Seems like this should be easy to display. Perhaps it is, and I'm just unaware of how to implement it. 

Level 1