0 Likes

Show Section Impact on MVT Result

by eOps ‎02-13-2015 February 13, 2015

It'd be great to have an easy way to measure impact of a section for MVT results. This is one of the purposes of MVT testing and would be very helpful. Right now, I can't see an easy way to get to a section impact even with playing with the drop-down menu for baseline. 

On your Resources>MVT vs. A/B page, you discuss this regarding the Avantages of MVT testing:

"Multivariate testing is a powerful way to help you target redesign efforts to the elements of your page where they will have the most impact. This is especially useful when designing landing page campaigns, for example, as the data about the impact of a certain element’s design can be applied to future campaigns, even if the context of the element has changed."

(https://www.optimizely.com/resources/multivariate-test-vs-ab-test)

So, essentially, it would be nice to have an easy way to see the impact of a section so we can zone in on that area.

I attached a generic screenshot I found on Google Images which demonstrates it well.  You can see an example of how impact is shown in the 2nd column for each of the sections.

Thanks so much!

mvt-report.png

This is a great idea - to be able to see the impact that each axis of variation has on the overall result.  Something we will definitely think about going forward.

Level 2

Comments
by BastianSchaefer
‎03-02-2015 March 2, 2015

Yes, this would be very helpful. Any feedback on that yet? Or is there any other way to get this information already?

by Fergal
‎06-04-2015 June 4, 2015
Status changed to: Great Idea!

This is a great idea - to be able to see the impact that each axis of variation has on the overall result.  Something we will definitely think about going forward.

Product Manager
by mharnett
‎06-22-2016 June 22, 2016

That screenshot is from Google web experiments... 

Yes I really would like to see that too.

A big reason for using Optimizely is the great, simple user interface to explain the results.

If I have to export the results and do them myself... it removes a big reason for using optimizely.

Level 1