Transfer Audiences between projects

by Allie ‎09-09-2014 September 9, 2014

I consistently work on two different projects (one for my dev site and one for my live site), and I have the same audiences for both. Will it ever be possible to transfer audiences between projects the way you can transfer goals? Especially if I have particularly complex audiences, it would be nice to be sure that they're running exactly the same on both projects. 

Level 2

Comments
by Optimizely
‎09-10-2014 September 10, 2014 - edited ‎09-10-2014 September 10, 2014

Hey @Allie ,

I might be misunderstanding, but transfering audiences is already possible. Just visit your dashboard, go the audiences tab, click on an audience, and hit "Duplicate to..." then choose your live site project. You'll see a popup where you can make any changes, if needed, then save. It will go into the live site project's audience list.

Hope that helps! 

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎09-10-2014 September 10, 2014
Status changed to: Already Have It

Optimizely
by Allie
‎09-10-2014 September 10, 2014

Hey @JonN ,

I did see that feature, but when I tried to duplicate, it took me to the original "Create new audience" page and didn't have an option to duplicate to a different project. Maybe I'm still missing something? I can send a screencast if that would be helpful. 

Level 2
by Optimizely
‎09-11-2014 September 11, 2014

Hey @Allie ,

When you hit "Duplicate to..." it should pull up a list of projects. Once you pick one, it will pop open the "Create a new audience" dialog. If you just scroll down to the bottom without changing anything and hit save, it should save to the new project. Does that work for you?

I hadn't realized until now how confusing it is that we say "Create new audience" there without indicating that we're really duplicating to a new project. Sorry that wasn't clear.

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎09-24-2014 September 24, 2014

For anyone else running into trouble on this one, make sure you're using the "Duplicate to..." button on your dashboard under the Audiences tab. In the editor, clicking duplicate on an audience will just leave it in the same project.

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎03-01-2016 March 1, 2016

Here's a visual since the UX has been slightly redesigned.

dupaud.png

Notice that the existing project is "My Project" and I am about to duplicate the Audience into the "Optimizely Playground" project.

Optimizely