Use one email address on multiple accounts

by brian-tcr ‎05-15-2014 May 15, 2014

It's frustrating to have to use a new email address for every Optimizely account you get added to. Ideally I would like to use my own work email address across every account. So when I log in with that email I see a list of the accounts I've been added to in a splash screen and can then dive into each of these accounts. Google Analytics has a similar screen on log in.

There are likely to be a number of use cases for been a user on multiple accounts:

- agency with multiple clients each with unique account

- multinational with different accounts/business units per market but centralised testing team

- strategy or development freelancer who does ad-hoc consulting on different accounts 

Thanks for the suggestion! We've just released an update that lets you log into multiple accounts with the same email address. Just add that email as a collaborator to each account, and then use the account switcher in the top right corner to jump between them. See this article for more information: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200040775#add_multiple

Level 2

Comments
by thisbetom
‎05-16-2014 May 16, 2014

+1 to this feature; currently getting around this with tomfuertes+{client}@gmail.com and a password manager if it helps anyone.

http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/2-hidden-ways-to-get-more-from-your.html

Level 2
by MJBeisch Level 2
‎05-30-2014 May 30, 2014

I am in the process of migrating from a single large Optimizely account with clients as projects to individual accounts per client. For most of my clients, I have several of their employees set up as collaborators for their project on the old account. I can't migrate those employee logins over to the new account since Optimizely currently doesn't allow a login access to multiple accounts. Even if I revoke collaborator access from the old account, I still receive the "That email is already in use" error on the collaborator setup dialog.

It seems like I'll have to set up new logins for ALL of those employees, and I can forsee that being a real pain in the rear. All of the original logins are email addresses provided by the employee. me setting up a 1-off email address for them isn't the best route, because what if they need to do password retrieval or recieve some other sort of email notification from Optimizely? On the other end, asking the client to get a new email addresses set up on their end just so that their employees can access a second Optimizely account is a bit much.

I feel like the access limitations are a little too tight right now.

Level 2
by Optimizely
‎06-02-2014 June 2, 2014
Status changed to: Great Idea!

Optimizely
by CROmetrics Level 5
‎06-17-2014 June 17, 2014

+1  Please please do this.

Level 5
by Optimizely
‎07-08-2014 July 8, 2014
Status changed to: Working On It!

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎08-06-2014 August 6, 2014
Status changed to: Done

Thanks for the suggestion! We've just released an update that lets you log into multiple accounts with the same email address. Just add that email as a collaborator to each account, and then use the account switcher in the top right corner to jump between them. See this article for more information: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200040775#add_multiple

Optimizely
by brian-tcr
‎08-06-2014 August 6, 2014

Great - thank you Jon. This is going to make life a lot easier!

Level 2