A More Data-Driven Performance Summary on the Results Page

by Optimizely ‎08-22-2014 August 22, 2014 - edited ‎08-22-2014 August 22, 2014

Hi Optinauts,

In June we announced a big update to our results page to make it easier to access the most actionable information you need to make decisions with your data. Customer feedback was a huge component of the original changes we made to the page, and since the June announcement, we’ve continued to take feedback and have been working on incorporating it back into the results experience.

Today we’re excited to announce that we’ve given our Performance Summary module a major facelift. Here’s a screenshot:

We received feedback that the previous Performance Summary didn’t do a good enough job highlighting the key pieces of information you need to know to gauge the health of a test at a glance.  

The updated Performance Summary highlights the conversion rates for all of your goals across all of your variations. If a result has reached statistical significance, it’s highlighted green (winner) or red (loser) so you can know to proceed farther down the page to reveal more information.

Here’s a comparison with the previous Performance Summary module:

The updated Performance Summary module is available now for everyone. Check it out by visiting a results page for one of your experiments. Then, let us know what you think! This is an incredibly important area for us, and we love hearing your feedback. 

Thanks,

Sean

Comments
by nolanmargo
‎08-24-2014 August 24, 2014

You're the man Sean, doing NEPA proud!

Level 2
by Optimizely
‎08-25-2014 August 25, 2014

Haha thanks,  @nolanmargo -- always great to hear from another former NEPA person in the biz. Stay in touch!

Optimizely
by ricardotominaga
‎08-25-2014 August 25, 2014

There must be some bug going on the new performance summary widget. 

In the image below it shows "661" unique visitors, while it should be "661,000".

bug.png

by Optimizely
‎08-26-2014 August 26, 2014

Hey ricardotominaga, thanks for letting us know about this bug. A fix was made and deployed yesterday at 3pm PST. Please let us know if you are still seeing this.

Optimizely
by keith_lovgren Level 2

Wow, this looks great! Also, love the term "Optinauts"!

by dustinowilliams Level 2

I love this view! I actually lived in the "expanded" view in the Overview panel. I do have one bit of feedback ... I feel like the orange is a bit harsh. At least it isn't red, right. I see what you did there. Smiley Happy

I show off Optimizely stats all the time in my presentations and to prospective clients (in realtime). I feel like they get so hung up on the colors and especially if it is a negative color. I thought it would be awesome to lighten or subdue the colors a bit just so that they aren't screaming.

I love that you guys are always improving your product.

Screen Shot 2014-08-26 at 2.18.29 PM.JPG

by mktgal

Love the new updates!  Would also love to see the % chance to beat baseline in this summary view.  Thanks!

optimizely.png

Level 1
by ben
‎08-28-2014 August 28, 2014

I also am enjoying the new view. Keep up the good work and I look forward to some more updates

ben
Level 2
by gb3
‎09-03-2014 September 3, 2014

I am only seeing the Performance Summary box, the loading wheel just keeps spinning, no matter what I do.  Log Out/Close Browser etc  I can not see each goal individually broken down.  

Is anyone else having this same problem?

gb3
Level 1
by Optimizely
‎09-03-2014 September 3, 2014

Hi @gb3 , there are no known issues with the results page as of now. I took a look at one of your experiments and was able to see the goal breakdown. I am also able to see the individual goals on my own account, so this seems to suggest there is something unique going on with your particular experiment. I am going to open a support ticket on your behalf and they'll be able to help get this all sorted out for you! 

Can you confirm that you do have at least 1 goal associated with your experiment? If you don't have any goals, this could cause the spinning issue you mention.

Optimizely
by gb3
‎09-03-2014 September 3, 2014 - edited ‎09-03-2014 September 3, 2014

Hello @AmandaS I do have multiple goals set for this experiment you can see what I am seeing here:  http://l.d.pr/GGH2/xfTbB576

gb3
Level 1