Optimizely X is here! October 2016 Product Release

by Optimizely ‎10-04-2016 October 4, 2016 - edited ‎10-10-2016 October 10, 2016

Meet Optimizely X, the all-new experimentation platform announced at Opticon last month. Optimizely X enables your team to experiment everywhere--deeply into your technology stack and broadly across any channel and any device.

OptimizelyX_GA_Banner_noCTA.jpg

With Optimizely X, we’ve completely redesigned and re-architected our classic A/B testing product to enable faster experimentation, more powerful under-the-hood tools, and easier collaboration than ever before. We’ve also added new products that enable you to truly experiment everywhere, including: Recommendations, Full Stack, Over-the-top (OTT), and an all-new Mobile product.

What does the Optimizely X rollout mean for me?

Our classic A/B testing product has been redesigned and re-architected from the ground up to enable faster experimentation, more powerful under-the-hood tools, and easier collaboration than ever before.

If you are an enterprise customer, check your email for instructions on how to get access to Optimizely X Web Experimentation.

Learn more about Optimizely X

The following products from Optimizely X are generally available today:

• Web Recommendations allows you to automatically add recommendations of products, categories, and content to your website. Contact us to get started.
  • Full Stack is a solution for technical teams to experiment deeply and broadly across their applications, on features and experiences like search results, filtering and sorting, pricing, and much more. Learn more and get in touch.
  • Web Personalization incorporates all of your 1st-party and 3rd-party data along with behavioral targeting to deliver tailored experiences to your visitors. You can experiment in real-time to fine-tune your customer journey and understand the bottom-line impact on key business metrics. Contact us to get started.

The following Optimizely X products are coming later this year:

• Mobile allows you to engage customers where they are, regardless of device, by running experiments on apps built on iOS and Android. Instantly roll out new features without waiting for App Store or Google Play review. Contact us to learn more.
  • OTT enables you to deliver great over-the-top TV experiences by running experiments in any application built for tvOS or Android, such as navigation, app layout, site design, featured content or integrated message testing. Contact us to learn more.

It’s an exciting time to be an experimenter, and we look forward to partnering with you as you begin to experiment more bravely and boldly in your organizations. Look out for more great product announcements from Optimizely in the coming months!

Sincerely,

Chris

Comments
by ITSGEORGEAMINE
‎10-04-2016 October 4, 2016

I am currently using the classic version on the free tier. Is there any chance i could get access to Optimizely X?

by Optimizely
‎10-05-2016 October 5, 2016

Hi George,

We're offering a 30 day free trial of Optimizely X. Please sign up on our plans page.

Best,

Chris

Optimizely
by Bence
‎10-06-2016 October 6, 2016

HI!

How long will be the old version of optimizely available?

How long can I use my STARTER pack. Should I change to the X version? 

Thanks Smiley Happy

Level 1
by Optimizely

Hi Bence,

We don't yet have a predetermined date to deprecate Optimizely Classic or any legacy plans but we will make sure give customers ample notice.

Best,

Chris

Optimizely
by kevinphanley

Can I use personalization without upgrading in the trial?  

Level 1
by Optimizely
‎10-09-2016 October 9, 2016

Hi Kevin,

We do not currently offer Personalization as part of the 30-day free trial.

Best,

Chris

Optimizely
by
‎10-10-2016 October 10, 2016 - edited ‎10-10-2016 October 10, 2016

In the article "Compare Optimizely Classic vs. Optimizely X Web Experimentation", it says "Local storage instead of cookies, which makes for a better experience for your users".  However, localStorage does not persist between http and https.  How do you handle this? 

I presume that "optimizelyEndUserId" still exists that your servers contain a reference for all user information including which experiments and variations a user is alredy in so that the localStorage can be populated with the correct values when a user crosses from non-secure to secure (and vice-versa)?

Experimentation Hero
by Optimizely
‎10-10-2016 October 10, 2016

Hi @JasonDahlin, thanks for your question!

What you're presuming is correct: on every pageload with an Optimizely snippet on it, Optimizely makes an async call to the server that has the user information to sync it, sharing new data and retrieving data it didn't have before. This happens with both cross-overs into non-secure to secure (and vice versa), as well as cross-overs into different subdomains.

Best,

Nils

Optimizely