Rich-text Reply

Advice Requested: Help our B2B expense report software website increase form submissions!

Alicia_Tallie 10-06-14

Advice Requested: Help our B2B expense report software website increase form submissions!

[ Edited ]

Hi!

We are diligently working to transform our marketing team into a CRO-driven machine. I've learned SO much, starting with the Opticon14 Conference, and would love this community's feedback on how my experiments can increase website form submissions and web conversions.

We've placed our user personnas front and center above the fold. We've attempted to minimize clutter and guide the visitor through a self-evaluation process, and ultimately sign up for a 14-day free trial or personal product demo. 

Additional goals include better defining/understanding online audience to tighten the sales funnel-- does our audience lean towards mostly end users evaluating our software? Or the decision makers themselves? And is the current content resonating with this audience and truly selling the product?

• Business Goal: Increase form submissions and new client conversions through newly launched website. 
  • Additional Information: ~38% of our traffic is new. 

Tallie-homepage

Alicia Carney
Marketing Analyst
525 Second Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
Tallie | tallie.com | 707.694.9679

Re: Advice Requested: Help our B2B expense report software website increase form submissions!

Hi Alicia,

I also had a great time at the Opticon conference. I'm already looking forward to next years event.

I like your site. It's clean and well organized.

That said here are a few things that you might consider testing.

- At the very bottom of the page you have some very compelling info in the "Awarded By" section. Logos from recognizable companies are a great way to provide social proof at a glance. It's worth considering moving these to the top of the page even if it requires redoing the top green image to better incorporate the logos. 

- That's great that you've won a prestigious award. Try moving this content from the bottom to the green section as well. The text describing it is a bit clunky in my opinion though. Try changing "Tallie is the first and only expense software to win CPA Practice Advisor's Technology Innovation Award." to "Winner of the CPA Practice Advisors Tech Innovation Award." 

- I don't know enough about accounting software and the problems that Tallie solves to make a specific suggestion but I feel like the headline on top, "The quickest path from receipt to balance sheet -
EXPENSE REPORT SOFTWARE FOR ACCOUNTANTS" is fertile ground for testing your unique value proposition.

Hope this helps you out a bit.

Happy Testing! 

Keith Lovgren

richpage75 10-07-14

Re: Advice Requested: Help our B2B expense report software website increase form submissions!

Hi there - nice visuals, but here are some things you should test to increase free trials:

- State the value of the free trial
- State the there is no obligation (and hopefully no credit card needed)
- Mention that its quick to sign up (less than 2 minutes hopefully)
- Use short bullet points to explain benefits and unique value proposition (explain why pick your tool instead of others?)
- Test adding an explainer video (less than 2 minutes) to highlight tool in action and benefits
- Test different headlines that focus on different benefits and customer pain points
- Add a good short testimonial from a client to build social proof
- Add logos of media mentions (TechCrunch etc) to build social proof
- Add usage numbers (number of users, reports created, money expensed etc) to build social proof
- Test removing the learn more section (this may be too distracting?) or improving clarity of it (too low)

That should give you a great head start - I can certainly help you with more ideas and testing!

Good luck!,

Rich Page
Get my free conversion rate optimization toolbox:
http://services.rich-page.com/toolbox-signup/
Highlighted

AWESOME. Thank you - this strikes a major chord for us. We can certainly afford to push ourselves further in terms of positioning our value prop. Thanks so much for the helpful feedback, Rich.

Alicia Carney
Marketing Analyst

Thank you Keith!! I've planned a new experiment based off your feedback to see if our visitors are looking for a credibility endorsement in the self-evaluation process. Many thanks!

Alicia Carney
Marketing Analyst
ryanlillis 11-06-14

Hi @Alicia_Tallie ,

We actually have a webinar coming up on this topic next week! You can register here.

Optimizely

Thanks @RyanLillis! I didnt see your message in time. Is there a recording or a similar webinar scheduled anytime soon?

Thanks!

Alicia

Alicia Carney
Marketing Analyst
ryanlillis 11-26-14

Hi @Alicia_Tallie ,

You have to register here but once you do you can watch it after the fact. Thank you!

Optimizely