Rich-text Reply
Highlighted

Ask the Expert: Arun Sivashankaran, Founder of FunnelEnvy

Arun 04-07-17

Ask the Expert: Arun Sivashankaran, Founder of FunnelEnvy

[ Edited ]

Interested in the challenges and opportunities faced by B2B companies and how one of Optimizely’s partners FunnelEnvy, tackled them head on and came out successful?

The live Q&A portion of this AMA is closed. However, I would encourage you to read through all the amazing content that has been discussed here. 

0f30d7f.jpgHi Optiverse, I’m Arun Sivashankaran, engineer turned marketer, the founder of FunnelEnvy, where we deliver revenue through data-driven customer experiences across the customer journey. These days I'm fortunate to work with a great team who have helped high growth startups and Fortune 100 enterprises optimize their funnels through experimentation and personalization.  I’d love to share my experiences and insights with you in my Optimizely AMA: Ask me anything!

Not sure what to ask? Here are some ideas:

• Account based marketing and personalizing for target accounts
  • Personalizing your site for different industries or company sizes
  • Optimizing the full customer journey to drive incoming leads and new account subscriptions
  • Maximizing engagement with downloadable collateral like white papers and case studies

You can ask questions until noon PST on Friday, April 21 at which point this session will be closed. Check out the post here for guidelines and additional information.

I'm an engineer with a marketing problem at FunnelEnvy

Level 2

Amish80 04-13-17

Re: Ask the Expert: Arun Sivashankaran, Founder of FunnelEnvy

Hey Arun, many of my B2B software customers are interested in account-based marketing, but aren't sure how many accounts to target and personalize for, given the amount of work involved in personalization. Is there a sweet spot you've found, or best practice for creating a target account list for personalization?

Level 2
Arun 04-14-17

Re: Ask the Expert: Arun Sivashankaran, Founder of FunnelEnvy

[ Edited ]

Hi Amish-

Great question! There's always going to be some effort (cost) associated with any personalization effort, so the best thing you can do is to start with the lowest effort, highest potential campaigns. Yes I know that sounds obvious Smiley Happy

Since B2B marketing / ABM is so content focused, that's where a lot of the effort can go in terms of personalization. So we generally recommend starting with existing content and using firmographic data (and Optimizely) to highlight that content in a high traffic page on the site.

One common example is the industry specific pages that many B2B websites already have. A simple campaign would be to use an inferred industry (via Demandbase or Clearbit) to repurpose some of the relevant images and copy on the home page with a CTA which takes them to the industry specific page. Another would be highlighting content that you've already created based on company size (SMB, Enterprise) more prominently.

As far as creating accounts lists for personalization it's important to keep in mind that most of the segmentation that is done in ABM is based on the potential economic impact of the account to your company. That doesn't necessarily mean that these same segments should be applied to personalization campaigns, since they may not share the same pain points, use cases, org structure, etc. We have done campaigns for specific named accounts but that's pretty labor intensive - so probably makes sense to start with with the low hanging fruit and quick wins first.

Hope this helps and thanks for the question!

I'm an engineer with a marketing problem at FunnelEnvy

Level 2