Rich-text Reply

Best resources outside the optiverse for professional growth in optimization

Hudson 04-28-15

Best resources outside the optiverse for professional growth in optimization

[ Edited ]

Hey all, 

I wanted to post some valuable resources for learning more about the world of optimization. 

What do you read to stay sharp?

Happy testing, 

Hudson

Optimizely

Case 04-28-15

Re: Best resources outside the optiverse for professional growth in optimization

Hudson,

Great list! Thanks for sharing.

This might sound odd, but I leisurely listen to a podcast called Philosophize This! (http://www.philosophizethis.org/), where the host discusses different historical and contemporary concepts in philosophy, and have found it most applicable and complimentary to the thought processes I exercise with CRO (scientific method, critical thinking, assumptions, certainty, truth, etc.)

It's also a nice break from looking at a screen. Highly recommend it!

Case

P.S.
Your UserOnBoard link appears to be broken.

Level 2
adzeds 04-29-15

Re: Best resources outside the optiverse for professional growth in optimization

Great list.

I would also add: http://conversionxl.com/

Great CRO resource!
David Shaw
Level 11
Mike_in_SF 04-30-15

Convince and Convert is a favorite of mine -- they discuss a lot of scientific process that helps expand my mind a bit to consider different testing scenarios, triggers and experiments. They also look at conversion rates across all marketing channels, so it's not focused on a single topic.

- Mike
paulrouke 04-30-15

Hi Hudson,

Thanks for creating this very valuable message & resource links.

I hope its OK if  I add in a link to PRWD's huge conversion optimisation resource library.

Here are 10 reasons people might find it useful:

1. It currently contains over 75 articles, case studies, videos & slideshare presentations all focused on conversion optimisation
  2. It has at least 1 new article added every week
  3. It features content produced by a range of CRO practitioners at PRWD, from strategists to myself as Director of Optimisation
  4. It tackles critical challenges for businesses around culture, buy-in & engagement
  5. The content has been produced over a 7 year period to provide depth and learnings
  6. The content is primarilly timeless, rather than event/time specific insights
  7. Themes covered include optimisation methodology, testing myths and misconceptions, persuasion, behavioural research and culture (see point 4)
  8. Its all FREE! - damn we should have written a book!
  9. It features a case study of one of the worlds craziest websites that do zero A/B testing, LingsCars
  10. It provides links to my 20+ CRO articles I have published for Econsultancy over the last 7 years
  11. Just like this list it contains content around delighting visitors and the peak end rule

I hope its a useful addition to the list - here is the bit.ly link for sharing too: http://bit.ly/CROresources

Thanks,

Paul

Be the Change

[ Edited ]