Rich-text Reply

CSS button class name vs product page

RPruitt 06-16-14

CSS button class name vs product page

I added a text swap on an experiment for button clicks based on wording (Apply now vs Get a Quote). We ran this on all product pages with a few exclusions. Is there a way to see the break out of which page peformed higher or received more traffic to it during the test?

Thanks,

Randi

Level 2

Kathryn 06-17-14

Re: CSS button class name vs product page

Hi Randi,

If you send a support ticket over to support@optimizely.com, I can supply you with a CSV file containing all the results for the experiment. Here, you'll be able to see which pages were visited by visitors to the experiment. There are a few points you'd need to take into consideration when looking at the data, such as the fact that the raw results file includes multiple conversions on the same goal by the same user, whereas multiple conversions are de-duplicated on the results page, but this should contain the data you're looking for.

Kind regards,

Kathryn

Optimizely
adzeds 06-17-14

Did you integrate your test with Google Analytics?

If so you can filter your data by the test in question and then by variants to see what pages they visited.

Hope that helps.
David Shaw
Level 11
RPruitt 06-17-14

We didn't for this test unfortunately. Definitely going forward we will be doing this. That is simply by checking the Google Analytics in the setup correct?
Level 2
RPruitt 06-17-14

Thanks for the response, I will plan to do that when the test concludes on Friday.
Level 2
adzeds 06-17-14

Yup. Just assign it a custom variable slot in the setup and it will push data to your analytics package.

For more complex websites you might want to code in some extra features such as events but in most cases you can just plug and play.
David Shaw
Level 11