Rich-text Reply

Can we upload new templates

Balaji 11-11-14

Can we upload new templates

Hi,

I want to test my original web site with new template/design. For this can we upload new templates to Optimizely and do required modifications and then test.

Is it Possible to upload new templates into Optimizely???

Regards,

Balaji

Level 1

greg 11-11-14

Re: Can we upload new templates

Depends on many things. How is your template loaded? Is it a separate stylesheet, or JS file, or HTML file, or something else? If you can provide more information you're more likely to get a useful response.
Level 2
tomenns 01-08-15

I have this same problem.  Would it be possible to load a different CSS stylesheet for a particular variant?

Level 2
greg 01-08-15

[ Edited ]

Yes, you can add a new stylesheet by adding some code to the variation using the Code Editor:

$("head").append("<link rel=\"stylesheet\" type=\"text/css\" href=\"style.css\">");

Where style.css is your stylesheet directory and filename. This code appends the stylesheet link to the <head> section. You can also add CSS styling by adding <style></style> to the head section, with the CSS inside it.

Level 2
tomenns 01-08-15

How about if we wanted to change the value of a javascript variable?

Right now, I have 

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">

var skin_images = "content/cache/skins/RDS/images/";

</script>

Which I need changed to

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">

var skin_images = "newPathName/";

</script>

Many thanks for your help

Level 2
JP_HC 01-20-15

I'm facing somethign similar.

We created a variation B where we are testing a totally new design. The entire CSS, layout, everything. Almos a new site. Can we do this? Can I upload the html into optimizely?

or can I test version 1 (url 1) vs version 2 (url 2)? 

Thanks

JP

Level 2
JP_HC 01-20-15

I'm new to optimizely, and just found the soution here (I think) https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200040675-Redirect-experiments-Test-separate-URLs-

Level 2