Rich-text Reply

Changing Background Colors

JM1556 08-21-17

Changing Background Colors

I am trying to change the background color for my HP to test different colors and its impact on CTR of different links.  

I have tried both the Background and Style elements.  I click on the page to have the element appear and I cannot get the entire page to highlight.  So that approach does not work.  I then try to change the r,g,b and that does not work.

Any suggestions?  I am new to Optimizely and am guessing I am missing a basic step  Thanks

Level 1

JasonDahlin 08-22-17

Re: Changing Background Colors

I've never been able to grab the <body> element in the WYSIWYG editor.
I suggest inserting the CSS by hand.

In Optimizely X, click the button near the top of the page "Variation Code Editor", select "CSS", enter the new CSS, perhaps like this, but maybe not - it depends on your site's CSS - you may need to ask your developer or post a link to your site so someone can tell you what would actually work for your site instead of guessing at it:

body { color: #FFFFFF !important; }
--Jason Dahlin
Analytics and Testing Guru Smiley Happy

Experimentation Hero
JasonDahlin 09-28-17

Hi @hppyromz,

If you cannot grab the background with the editor, stop using the editor and enter the CSS into the "Variation CSS" instead!

For your site, you want to enter this, but with changing the hex, of course, unless you want red:

body {
    background: #ff0000 none repeat scroll 0 0 !important;
}
--Jason Dahlin
Analytics and Testing Guru Smiley Happy

Experimentation Hero
dcock0165 02-05-18

[ Edited ]