Rich-text Reply

Clarification on report data

LaraBC 01-12-15

Clarification on report data

Hiya, 

I have ran a campaign and was just looking at the data and wanted a bit of clarification on a few things. 

1) What is the small number in the unique conversions column?

2) Is the improvement, how much better the variation did compared to the original?

Thank you! 

Level 2

JDahlinANF 01-12-15

Re: Clarification on report data

"Unique Conversions" is the number of users who met that goal's criteria (a button click, an order placed, whatever).

"Improvement" is how much higher the percentage for each variation is versus the "A" variation.

Amanda 01-12-15

The top number is your Unique Conversions and the bottom number is the Number of Unique Visitors. This gives you your conversion rate. 

I've attached a simple screenshot that should help clear things up. Also, please check out this Support article that gives you definitions for each of the numbers on the Results page and also provides a detailed walkthrough: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200039935-Results-Page-Interpreting-experiment-results... For example, here's the definition of improvement I pulled from the article. 

"Improvement: The relative difference between the observed conversion rate of a variation and the observed baseline conversion rate, expressed as a percentage -- for example, if your baseline conversion rate is 5% and your variation conversion rate is 10%, your improvement is 100%."

Does thsi help clear things up? Let me know if you have any questions!

Screen Shot 2015-01-12 at 1.26.54 PM.png

Optimizely
timlb2 04-29-15

The link in Amanda's reply seems to be broken because of a '.' at the end. This one works:

https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200039935-Results-Page-Interpreting-experiment-results...

Level 2
Amanda 04-29-15

Thanks Tim!
Optimizely