Rich-text Reply

Getting CRO help for small businesses

Jonathan 07-18-14

Getting CRO help for small businesses

[ Edited ]

I've been following this industry for quite smetime now and one of the main things I've notice is that if you don't have a minimum of 25K unique visitors and at least $10K you have no chance of getting profesional help.

So if you don't have the understanding of A/B and DIY CRO. If you don't have the $ and the visitors - you do't have a chance.

There should be an alternative for these samll busniess who simply trying to do better for themselvs and their customers.

I'm very interested hearing your opion about this.

Level 2

adzeds 07-21-14

Re: Early Access for Audiences

I agree with many of your points.

This post highlights the 'Paradox of CRO' that currently exists as it is an emerging market.

It is small companies with smaller revenue that are more in need to CRO however they don't have the budgets to work with professional CRO agencies as they are all focused on pulling in the large organisations with unlimited budgets.

There are however some freelance consultants that can be hired on a smaller budget to assist with smaller companies needs. - This is the route I would suggest for smaller businesses at this moment in time.
David Shaw
Level 11
Jonathan 07-21-14

It's true. This paradox rules the CRO market right now without any visible sign for a solution.

CRO is a must feature to be able to apply towards your business as long as you have some sort of online appearance (which is 99% of businesses these days).

The issue I discovered from my own expirence with freelancers is that still, they charge very high amounts. The last one I hired charged $150 an HOUR with a minimum amount of hours. So still, we're not in a good place. Now, if a freelancer shows up and is saying he'll charge you $35 per hour the companies will think what's wrong with this guy? He must suck.

Level 2
adzeds 07-22-14

Yeah, I have seen some pretty large number knocking around..

It is all born out of the same paradox as if they are a strong CRO Consultant then they are likely being paid large sums by the large organisations so earning $35 a hour does not compete for their time. I have seen first hand the sums that get offered to CRO consultants. I am often offered £2,000 a day for consultancy work for large organisations here in the UK.

It needs someone to create an agency that focuses on the small-medium sized businesses and builds their model around them. ** There may be some around but I have not seen one yet...

I suppose the question is, what is pricing structure that small-medium businesses can afford? Pay-by-performance? Pay-per-hour? Monthly Contract?
David Shaw
Level 11
Jonathan 07-22-14

You know, I've been thinking abut it for a long time now.

Small businesses can afford a minimum of a few good hundreds. And remember, should it work - they will be able (and want) to afford more. Simple sense.

Some (good) CRO Consultants will be happy making $400-$500 a day and getting work 3,4, and 5 times a week. If you do the math, it's a good amount.

I have an idea on how to do this the right way. Once this market will be open for the small businesses they will be all over it.

Level 2