Rich-text Reply

Help needed: Testing ideas to optimize our membership page and increase sign ups.

paulcm 08-21-16

Help needed: Testing ideas to optimize our membership page and increase sign ups.

[ Edited ]

I’m currently looking at ways to increase the membership sign up rate and improve/optimize the overall look of the membership page.

Any ideas are welcome. 

URL: http://www.teach-this.com/membership

Thank you. 

Untitled.png
Level 1

DavidS 08-22-16

Re: Help needed: Testing ideas to optimize our membership page and increase sign ups.

Hi paulcm,

Thanks for reaching out to Optimizely!

Coming up with testing ideas is one of the first steps necessary to run successful A/B tests. In order to give you some inspiration as to exactly what to test, I recommend you check out some of the resources available on the Optimizely Blog which should give you some guidance: 

I hope that is helpful. Feel more than free to reply back with any additional questions at all.

Best,
David

Optimizely
AshK 08-22-16

Re: Help needed: Testing ideas to optimize our membership page and increase sign ups.

[ Edited ]

Hi Paul,

Noticed you're running a button color test. It's a quick test that would've given you an idea of how to go about using Optimizely as a tool for testing. The next step would be to apply some strategy to your testing process which will result in quality ideas that are relevant to your website.

Here's a quick analysis of your website using the LIFT model with some suggestions for testing in brackets:

• Clarity - The number of years of Unlimited Online Access for each plan could be shown clearer. (e.g: Maybe reword to "1 Year Unlimited Access to All Resources" and test?)
  • Clarity - the savings for each plan, or cost per week in the case of the Bronze Package, is right under the cost in the same color which makes it a bit confusing. (Having the info in the button below is much better, I'd test removing the text)
  • Anxiety - There's a lot of test to read right underneath these plans. I know you're trying to tell people about the benefits here so let's make it easier to read and understand (Test trimming this section and put it in bullet points like so: "Over 900 engaging ESL teaching activities for all teacher levels", "Completely Ad-Free for Members Only", "Resources added daily with members only access" and "Group discounted membership rates for schools, colleges and language centers (Contact Us now)")
  • Clarity: The payment options section is unclear and confusing - blends in with the text above and by this point I'd give a free membership to anyone who's read all of this (joking). (Remove the text since the payment options are pretty self-explanatory..do test it cause I might be wrong)

That's just to start. I'd recommend that you don't test many changes at once since it would jumble up the data and you wouldn't be able to test which change is affecting which part. Here's an article from our blog on Design of Experiments that will help with your testing strategy.

Hope this gives you a structured place to start. If you have any questions, reply here and I'll be happy to answer them.

Good luck,

Ash

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, that's made all the difference"
Level 4
paulcm 08-23-16

Thank you for your ideas David and Ash. Ash your feedback is a great place to start and I clearly see what you mean. I will certainly be trying out all your suggestions. Thank you for taking the time to give me testing ideas.
Level 1
AshK 08-23-16

No problem Paul. Let us know what you end up testing and how it works out!

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, that's made all the difference"
Level 4