Rich-text Reply

Is there any chance to exclude brand keywords?

Paul 01-06-16

Is there any chance to exclude brand keywords?

[ Edited ]

In fact that we do a lot of tv advertising, i would like to exlude brand keywords for example from desktop traffic. There could be a chance that one of our variations earns more conversions via brand keywords than others. to minimize this risk i would ike to exlude brand keywords from our traffic.. however from where they comming orgnanic or paid. 

Level 2

JDahlinANF 01-06-16

Re: Is there any chance to exclude brand keywords?

@Paul - Can you elaborate on your question?

Are you wanting to exclude users who come from a paid search?

In URL Targeting, you can exclude any of a list of keywords from an experiment (presuming these keywords are present in the URL),

e.g. this regex will exclude any URLs where any of the words "list", "of", "terms", "goes", "here" are in the URL as query string parameters (since your brand name is probably your website's domain, you do not want to exclude all URLs that contain your brandname - only those URLs that contain the brand name after the ? :

.*?.*(list|of|terms|goes|here).*

Depending on your site, this may be acceptable, it may not be.  You might need to get more specific, but without knowing your site's structure, etc., this should at least be enough to get you started (if this is even what your question was asking).

JDahlinANF 01-06-16

Re: Is there any chance to exclude brand keywords?

[ Edited ]

@Paul - Regardless of where the traffic comes from, there needs to be some way of detecting it before you can act on it.

In my first post, I presumed you were talking about paid advertising becuase that way you control the parameters that persist to your landing page and you could exclude campaing codes that represent brandname campaigns.

If you are using vanity URLs for your TV ad spots, you could exclude those URLs directly or if those are merely redirects to landing pages, you could make those vanity URLs pass along a URL parameter that you use to exclude that page hit from the experiment.

For a more detailed setup scenario, I'd need to know the specifics of the scenarios you are dealing with.  What do the URLs look like (one that you want included and one that has "brand keywords" that you want excluded.