Rich-text Reply

Optimizely + Project Management Tools

mearley09 10-08-15

Optimizely + Project Management Tools

[ Edited ]

Optimizely is a great option. And managing a workflow for experiments and easily sharing results across your organization is a critical piece of the operation. We're in Beta with a tool that integrates with Optimizely which will hopefully make this a lot easier. Check it out and let us know if you think this would be helpful: https://www.projectmonkeyworks.com/manage-optimizely-experiments/

What are you all doing to manage your projects and communication currently? I'd love to learn more from the Optiverse.

Meghan Earley
Customer Experience | MonkeyWorks
Alhan 10-08-15

Re: Optimizely + Project Management

@mearley09

I saw the demo of this at Opticon - looked awesome. It's safe to say that "CRO Management Tools" is now an industry of its own. And a lot has happened this year. Here are similar tools that are solving more or less the same problem: 

• Experiment Engine - In beta but currently ahead of the game (Claire and EJ and got an early start in 2014). The idea is to crowd-source experiment ideas and help manage your experiment workflow. They've also started a great blog. The EE team can tell you more: @expengine 
  • Effective Experiments - (also in beta) Focused on detailed experiment documentation and idea workflow management. Get in touch with Manuel for more info: @Digital_tonic 
  • A few teams I know of, such as TheNextWeb, have gone as far as building their own internal experiment management tools. See the Opticon presentation called "Scaling your Testing Program for Maximum Impact" https://www.optimizely.com/opticon/sessions/

[WARNING: self-promotion ahead]

And then there's the product I'm currently working on at @WiderFunnel 

• Liftmap - (very beta, but accepting early users) @chrisgoward has had the idea of building such a tool for over 6 years... so we finally did it! We seamlessly integrate with Optimizely and added project management utilities specific to A/B testing: you can manage AND document your tests at the same time.

I would recommend to anyone reading this that you stay tuned to updates from all of these solutions as a lot is going to happen in the coming years. In the meantime, hang tight with a spreadsheet in one hand and slide deck in the other Smiley Happy 

Alhan Keser, Optimization Strategist @ WiderFunnel

Product Manager of Liftmap - Plan, track and share your Optimizely experiments with anyone.

Optimizely Platform Certified
Level 2
Amanda 10-09-15

Thanks everyone for the comments! This is definitely an important piece of a successful testing program. I wanted to highlight another valuable discussion in the community where a very similar topic was created by @adzeds. He was asking how the community's testing documentation structure was set up. Check it out here. 

Also, I wanted to give @MartijnSch a chance to comment here since he spoke at Opticon about the internal dashboard he's built at the Next Web (thanks @Alhan for calling this out)

Optimizely
MartijnSch 10-11-15

Thanks to both of you for mentioning The Next Web here, greatly appreciated. We indeed built our own internal tooling and dashboards to manage the process of testing itself. We've made some great progress since Opticon and recently moved all our old testing documentation from the first 6 months of the year into the tool as well to keep things easier.

Most of the information on the tool can be found indeed in my talk at Opticon. But if you would have any specific questions on this let me know. Still need to write a blog post on this, but happy to share more insights before that.

Quick shoot out to this blog post as well, where ConversionXL asked me some related questions on why we built our own tool and what kind of value it has to CRO and our process: http://www.conversionxl.com/archiving-test-results/

rayloyd 10-22-15

Thanks for the kind words, Alhan! Late response here, but I'm in marketing at Experiment Engine and also manage our blog. If anyone has questions, please let me know Smiley Happy
Level 2
jpfotoz 01-15-16

Re: Optimizely + Project Management Tools

[ Edited ]

Thanks for this!! Just signed up for the beta -- any idea on when it will be active?

@mearley09

Optimization Hero!
baconipsum.com - because everyone need
a little bacon in their text!
Level 6

Re: Optimizely + Project Management Tools

Hi there @jpfotoz - it will be active very soon. We'll ping you via email with more detail. 

---------------------------------- - - - - - ➳
Vanessa

Revere.ai Monitor your Optimizely experiments