Rich-text Reply

Order process funnel test

Hyperoptic 01-26-17

Order process funnel test

Hi everyone,

I am building an experiment to test which funnel / user journey increases the conversion rate. Once visitors have entered their post code into the search, they are bucketed into one version or another of the funnel in order to complete their purchase.

Variation A (Control / current user journey)

• User arrives on homepage
  • Enters in postcode
  • *checks address for validation*
  • If service is available to the address include in the test then include in the test and proceed to next step
  • Directs them to the order page

Variation B

• User arrives on homepage
  • Enters in postcode
  • *checks address for validation*
  • If service is available to the address then include in the test and proceed to next step
  • Directs them to the a different URL to qualify them further before the order page

We want to measure which variation of the funnel has the stronger conversion rate (users who made the whole journey and completed the purchase process are counted).

The set up allowed me to drive traffic towards the different URLs, but I was unable to make visits to the Thank You page the Primary goal in the setup.

Does the standard Optimizely package support URL redirect?
Can I assign goals built in the integrated analytics platofrm? i.e. GA.
If not, what is the best way for us to achieve this?

Thanks!

RyanC 01-26-17

Re: Order process funnel test

Optimizely classic has 3 types of experiments that you can launch AB, Multivariate, and Multi-page which you might want to look into to see what best fits your scenario.
Details: https://help.optimizely.com/Build_Campaigns_and_Experiments/Experiment_Types%3A_AB,_Multivariate,_an...

Optimizely does allow you to assign custom goals, all you need is to follow the documentation and put the custom script in Google Tag Manager / Analytics.
Details: https://help.optimizely.com/Measure_success%3A_Track_visitor_behaviors/Custom_event_goals_in_Optimiz...
Ryan
------------------------------------------------
The best solution is the simplest.
Experimentation Hero
JasonDahlin 01-26-17

Re: Order process funnel test

"Does the standard Optimizely package support URL redirect?"

Yes!  From your description, it sounds like the only URL that needs to be in the experiment is the "order page" which you want to split to a new page.

"Can I assign goals built in the integrated analytics platform? If not, what is the best way for us to achieve this?"

No.  However, you can recreate Page View and Click based goals inside Optimizely.

"I was unable to make visits to the Thank You page the Primary goal in the setup"

The way you identify the "primary" goal in Optimizely is, IMO, wonky.  You do this from the "Home" screen, not from editign the actual experiment.

See this article:  https://help.optimizely.com/Measure_success%3A_Track_visitor_behaviors/Goals%3A_Measure_success_in_O...

TL;DR; - on your Home screen, select your experiment and then in the right-rail, "edit" your goals then drag to re-order them in the popup.

--Jason Dahlin
Analytics and Testing Guru Smiley Happy
Experimentation Hero