Rich-text Reply

Top 3 Experimental Campaigns of 2014 (MID-YEAR REVIEW)

Experimentalist 07-18-14

Top 3 Experimental Campaigns of 2014 (MID-YEAR REVIEW)

[ Edited ]

As an experimental marketer, I am frequently scouring the web (and everywhere else) to find amazing efforts that inspire.

The aim to capture attention through non-traditional methods continues to yield truly incredible work from phenomenal experimental marketers, from big brands to individuals.

As we have passed the halfway point of 2014, I am excited to share my top 3 experimental efforts of the year so far:

Best Experimental 'Automotive' Campaign:  "Buy my Barina"

Best Experimental PSA Campaign:  Volkswagen's "Eyes on the Road"

Best Experimental Interactive Campaign:  Apotek - Interactive Subway Ad

Do you have any amazing experimental marketing efforts this year that have caught your attention and sparked your creative flame?  Share them here by commenting/embedding below.
Amanda 07-18-14

Re: Top 3 Experimental Campaigns of 2014 (MID-YEAR REVIEW)

These are fantastic! I love all of the marketing campaigns you listed, especially the interactive hair ad. This year, I enjoyed the "Ian up for whatever" ad Budweiser did for the Superbowl. I am intrigued by the concept of engaging a customer or person with a simple task and then totally blowing the experience out of the water. 

Also enjoyed Jay Leno's pumpcast news. I realize that this is not marketing per se (and it turned out to be scripted), but I still like the idea of taking over experiences that people take for granted: a gas pump for example Smiley Happy

Optimizely
adzeds 07-21-14

Never seen the Budweiser ad before. That looks epic!
David Shaw
Level 11
Amanda 08-11-14

I saw this Business Insider article on brilliant marketing stunts that put new startups on the map. It immediately made me think of this post.  I wonder who the next company will be to pull off an epic marketing stunt?!?

Optimizely