Rich-text Reply

What do you think on this Landing Page?

Jonathan 05-05-14

What do you think on this Landing Page?

http://dsathemes.com/html/crossway/fixed_menu/index.html

I'm thinking of using it but I'm not sure if the form right when landing on the page is too "pushy". PErsonally, I like. I think it's accommodating the user but I wonder to hear from you as well.

Your thought?

Level 2

rlee 05-06-14

Re: What do you think on this Landing Page?

[ Edited ]

As a general rule from my previous tests, I've found that the simpler/shorter the form is, the more acceptable and more effective it is for the form to be visible on landing. In your case, I think you've got the right number of fields for it to be okay, but obviously test it for sure.

If anything, I think the biggest detractor you've got at the top of the fold is the addition of that "Download Now" button below your first set of bullets. Generally speaking for a landing page like this, the user can only focus on doing one thing, so that download button will definitely detract from users registering through the form. Basically you've got to decide what you want your users to do at the top of your page - do you want them to register? Or do you want them to download?

Like always, these are just what I've found from my experience - test things out as always.

Level 2
Jonathan 05-06-14

You're absolutley right about the form. As a rule of thumb, I always stick to 3 fileds. This was an example and the comments will move out soon.

The download button will go out as well. I have no need for it. I want them to send the form and that's it! Smiley Happy

Thank you so much for the heads up. This is all very helpful.

Anything else you noticed?

Level 2
rlee 05-06-14

[ Edited ]

In terms of layout, the only thing left that I can think of are maybe some simple experiments with ways of drawing the attention of users over to the form. Maybe if the rounded corner box background was a solid or different color, or maybe some variations with the "REGISTER NOW" text.

I know you were initially worried about things appearing too "pushy". In a lot of ways, "pushy" is not a bad thing when it comes to controlling my user experiences, but I know what you mean. If anything, I mostly just concern myself with being "tasteful" or "qualified". It's not like you're bringing in late 90's popups or anything.

Otherwise I think it's pretty good. I just noticed it's also a responsive design right now too - very cool.

Level 2

I quickly glanced at the landing page and the clarity and brevity of the form certainly fits best practices. I wonder if the text to the left is getting all the attention. I think testing moving the form the left or emphasizing it more compared to the white text the left would be a good way to start optimizing at launch!
Jonathan 05-07-14

Changing the background color is an interesting idea. Will have to test it, according to the picture I will use in the background. I know for a fact I will change the "REGISTER NOW" text. Probably to "Get a Free Quote".

Thank you for the feedbacl Rlee!

Level 2
Jonathan 05-07-14

I was thinking that even if the text on the left gets most of the attention, still - the actual "action" takes place on the right. What do you think?
Level 2