Rich-text Reply

What does your test idea submission template look like?

JohnH 10-22-14

What does your test idea submission template look like?

It's valuable to get ideas from different deparatments to diversify the thought process. To allow anyone within the company to submit a test idea, it would be great to roll out a submission template to ensure consistency and to ensure the person with the idea can check in on the test status at any time. 

What do you all include in your template? Can anyone provide an example? What platform do you use? JIRA etc?

Level 2

HeatherW 10-27-14

Re: What does your test idea submission template look like?

Hi John,

There is actually a really great presentation from Opticon about how three different companies - Stella & Dot, Donorschoose.org & Atlassian organize their testing process.  The examples include leveraging Trello & JIRA!

Slides here.

Video Here

Hope you find this helpful.

Optimizely
AdamA 10-29-14

I'd love to know, for the testing orgs who have implemented these -- what was the reaction in your organization? How much participation did you see? How were you able to set expectations that not every idea would be tested? How did you celebrate new insights?

There's so much potential value in involving the broader organization in testing that I'm sure we have more great examples right here in the Optiverse!
Optimizely
Pauline 11-05-14

We have a distribution list where people can email me with A/B test ideas. There is no specific format but people tend to attach screenshots and give many details.

I always follow up with the person who submitted the idea by email or f2f within 24hrs.

We have come up with 9 prioritization rules for our A/B tests. 

I run each test idea through our prioritization matrix and then I am able to say what are the chances that we will run this A/B test within the next 3 months (with a clear and objective explanation)

With these rules I always have a priortized backlog and I just have to pick ideas from the top of the list at the beginning of each sprint.

It is a very convenient and very transparent process.

You can also change the rules every quarter/year depending on the business priorities.

Product Manager
Level 2