Rich-text Reply

What would you want in a testing toolkit for 2016?

ShanaR 10-20-15

What would you want in a testing toolkit for 2016?

Hello Optiverse,

We're working on collecting resources to help optimization professionals and teams have a more productive 2016. I have two questions:

1) Do you know what your testing goals will be in 2016? Running more experiments? Making your experiments higher-quality, and increasing your win rate?

2) What resources would you want to have in your pocket as you're working towards those goals? Top test ideas? Budget templates, testing plans, or something else?

Let me know what you're looking for!

Shana Rusonis
Content Marketing Manager, Optimizely
shana@optimizely.com
Optimizely

rhokstar 10-20-15

Re: What would you want in a testing toolkit for 2016?

1. Yes although its classified
  2. What I really want instead of toolkits, is an added feature to Optimizely for roadmap, interative planning. Sort of like the "road to the final four" where you see team a vs b, then team a gets eliminated and team b advances to the next round. Each interation includes the testing theory, metrics that mattered, summary log, etc. All this hosted by Optimizely. I don't want to deal with spreadsheets and paper and other outdated and unscalable messy methods. Optimizely would rock if it had this. Testing is a collaborative actviity and sharing notes/metrics (whether they're Optimizely or some external analytics provider like Site Catalyst) is critical to spreading results and telling a story. I can attach heatmaps, before and after, etc.
Level 2
ShanaR 10-21-15

@rhokstar, thanks for your input!

Your idea would make a great product feature - if you post it in the Product Ideas board, our PM team will take it into account when planning our roadmap.

@Amanda Also recommended this discussion thread, which has lots of project management tools that work in conjunction with Optimizely to share information and make tasks easier.

Shana Rusonis
Content Marketing Manager, Optimizely
shana@optimizely.com
Optimizely
rayloyd 10-22-15

Hey rhokstar,

Disclaimer: self promotion - I work as a marketer at Experiment Engine.

But regard #2, our platform, Experiment Engine, was one of the powerful integrations for Optimizely featured at Opticon. You can watch that session here if interested.

Our platform side helps plan, prioritize, manage tests with Optimizely. It also archives results and tracks overall testing program success (velocity, win rate, etc.) - all in one place.

Feel free to learn more here and let me know what you think!

Level 2