Rich-text Reply

Who are some of the experts in CRO field that you follow?

keith_lovgren 07-14-14

Who are some of the experts in CRO field that you follow?

Recently, someone asked me an interesting question. They were curious as to who I most admire/follow in the CRO field.

I thought I'd also pose this question to the Optiverse community because there are so many skilled CRO men and women on this forum.

For me, I couldn't really confine this to a single individual. But if you made me pick only one, I'd probably say it'd be Chris Goward. I'm a huge fan of his book, You should test that. We use it to train our staff in conversion rate optimisation.

I'm also a big fan of the webinars and blog posts that he does. I read and watch every single one and I always have a few takeaways that I'll use with our own clients. 

But mentioning Chris without naming some of the other people who I also follow closely wouldn't be fair so here are a few more.

Conversion Rate Experts -  They have a treasure trove of great articles. They don't publish often or do many webinars, but when they do, I'm always excited but what I'm going to learn.

Brian Massey - I really like his minimal style of posting about CRO topics with clear take aways. If you're not familiar with his work, check him out.

Peeps Laja - Great real world of examples of CRO testing and in depth analysis of what works and why it does and why certain things don't work. His posts are many and lengthy and I read every word. 

How about you? Who do you follow and why? 

Keith Lovgren

jemblin 07-15-14

Re: Who are some of the experts in CRO field that you follow?

Hey Keith, thanks for sharing this list. I must admit I follow Peep Laja almost religiously as his posts are always informative, insightful and filled with practical examples of how to implement his methodology. I'm going to check out some of the others you mention now!

IE Agency - Engagement Manager
Level 2
CROmetrics 07-15-14

Sean Ellis has a ton of experience in CRO, and his entire company is predicated on helping people get better at CRO. In fact, I know him personally, and he has told me that what motivates him to make Qualaroo successful is to help marketers get better. He has been doing a lot of webinars in conjunction with a number of companies lately, so a lot of great material out there.

I can't bring up Sean without bringing up the site GrowthHackers.com that he started. While it's not a person to follow, it's a place to find a lot of people to follow and have a good discussion if you're looking for resources to supplement what you find here.

Duncan 07-15-14

Someone I really respect in this space is Michael Aagaard (Content Verve), who publishes some great real-world examples and case studies of copy/langauge-focused CRO 

Passionate about testing. For CRO ideas: www.conversionperversion.com
Level 2

Along with the folks who have been mentioned so far I've also learned a lot from Oli Gardner at Unbounce. Articles like this are fun, educational reads.

Cara 07-17-14

I follow a ton of people in CRO and made a list of the top 31 people I follow and why. Everyone in the industry offers a different angle so it's worth following a lot of them. Check out the post here.

Optimizely
Amanda 07-21-14

I also listen to the podcast by Alex Harris. There are some great interviews and specials with industry experts. Plus, the podcast format makes it easy to learn some CRO best practices during my morning commute Smiley Happy

http://alexdesigns.com/marketing-optimization-video-podcast.html
Optimizely
tomkerwin 07-28-14

Great list of people to check out. I find it really valuable to keep ideas coming in and percolating, because you never know where the inspiration for your next winning test will come from!

Personally, I trained with Conversion Rate Experts and I read lots of stuff from Marketing Experiments. For the broader picture of generating ideas for testing, I enjoy Neil Patel, Fizzle.co, Ramit Sethi, Copyblogger and Growthhacker.tv among others.
Sven 06-30-15

I follow Neil Patel from Quick Sprout and read most of the posts featured in the follow.net newsletter.
Level 2