Rich-text Reply

Why does my Experiment when viewing the preview for "Variation#1" is the same as the "Original"....?

xgrioux 12-01-16

Why does my Experiment when viewing the preview for "Variation#1" is the same as the "Original"....?

Why does my Experiment when viewing the preview for "Variation#1" is the same as the "Original" even though in editor mode it shows the differences? Why aren't these two connected? See image attached. I launched a funnel test a few days ago and started it.... However, when I try previewing the project that is currently being ran it doesn't show any changes... it only shows the original version.

[The star symbol with "SAVE" is the Original and the eye symbol "WATCH" is Varition#1

Experiment ID: 7950915295

WHAT IS BEING SHOWN IN EDITOR MODES

Variation#1 - Interactive ModeVariation#1 - Editing Mode
WHAT IS BEING SHOWN IN PREVIEW MODES

Original Preview "SAVE" - CORRECTVariation#1 - "WATCH" - ****INCORRECT***

Level 2

Breana_Eads 12-03-16

Re: Why does my Experiment when viewing the preview for "Variation#1" is the same as the &

[ Edited ]

When checking an experiment in preview mode be sure that you have saved your changes. There is a two step process to checking the snippet revision number.

First
Before you save your experiment open your developers console. When you click save there will be several lines of data that is passed into the console, one of them will be the updated version of the snippet. See my screen shot below.

snippet version.png

Next open a preview mode window or a live browser of your site and place the following line of code in your developers console. The value returned will be the version of the snippet being passed to you from the CDN.

CDN version.png

Compare the two numbers, they need to match in order for your preview/live to be current. If they don't match hard refresh the preview/live site or open a new browser window until you do.

Breana Eads
Optimizely