Rich-text Reply

Your advice is needed. Help optimize this homepage to increase form submissions

Amanda 09-23-14

Your advice is needed. Help optimize this homepage to increase form submissions

[ Edited ]

I know you are all full of valuable testing tips! Can you help out a fellow marketer optimize her website? 

What are your testing ideas to optimize this page and increase purchases? Please provide an explanation for your ideas. 

• Page URLhttp://www.someconnect.com/
  • Business Goal: Attract new clients. Ideal clients include other agencies in communication that don't already specialize in digital marketing as well as B2B-type businesses. Another goal is to increase "Contact Us" form submissions, which can be found at http://www.someconnect.com/contact/ 
  • Additional Information: ~80% of the traffic to this is new. 

Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 9.53.24 AM.png

Optimizely

ben 09-23-14

Re: Your advice is needed. Help optimize this homepage to increase form submissions

If clicking the contact us button is a goal where is the contact us button? There is way too much clutter I don't even see it and I have been looking for 30 seconds. Make it above the fold and not blue! High contrast helps. Move all that social media stuff so I don't get distracted. I know you do social media it says so at the top but I want to contact you
Get rid of the carousel! I was looking at your phone number and then it vanished. OMG!
I think there is way too much going on, on this page. I look at it and I can't tell what I am expected to do. Also the H1 'Looking for a expert marketing team?' Yes but where do I click to get in touch? There is no obvious "This is the next step" button. Don't make me think.
Sorry to be a little harsh but it has been a long day Smiley Happy
Ben Cole
Optimization Co-ordinator at Widerfunnel

ben
Level 2
Abbie 09-23-14

Re: Your advice is needed. Help optimize this homepage to increase form submissions

Ben, 

Thanks so much for the thoughts! We want to improve our experience, so we love "harsh"

I work at SoMe and we definitely agree with your comment to have a clearer call to action on the front page. Internally, that's one of the first changes we've identified that we want to make with a new website... but it sounds like it's worth making it now.

We're struggling in communicating all of our services (i.e. all of the icons of social channels in addition to the four areas identified - discovery, strategy, management, results) and our great portfolio. Do you have suggestions on how to better organize these components on the home page? OR do you even think they need to be on the homepage?  

Thanks for taking the time to review and provide feedback!

Abbie

Level 1
MartijnSch 09-24-14

I can only agree with Ben, the first thing I thought about was adding the whole contact form to the homepage. It's a really small form as you only ask a couple of items of data from users. I would even delete the field for CAPTCHAs as in my opinion that is mostly a problem on your side instead of the users.

aalap7 09-24-14

Hi!

Thanks everyone for the comments so far - while contact us is one of our goals, we'd love to get some thoughts on how we can have our visitors even want to contact us.  Are there on-page elements that are not attractive?  Should we go portfolio first to attract more contact form conversions?

From search terms/query report, I know that a good amount of our search traffic is looking for a social media agency - I'm using a few other tools as well and seeing that visitors generally go from the homepage, to the team, and then to our portfolio.  Should we just be creating one long page for a test that has all those elements?

Aalap / co-founder

Level 1
JonSieling 10-03-14

I agree with getting more call to actions on the homepage. 

For Design:  I don't feel like anything on the homepage is really "working" for you.  The banners really dont "say" anything or communicate a clear message.  Same with the Discover, Strategy, Management, Results section.  Maybe you could try a design that shows more of a life cycle illustration for how you work and your process.  Get a better font and don't justify the text. 

Move the "What we do" section front and center since 80% of your traffic is new visitors. 

Move the Trans-Union case-study to the 1st slider or out of the slider entirely, I think this is one of your best illustrations and should be seen by 100% of visitors. 

Finally - Track your slider click events.  You have no idea which sliders are being seen or clicked on. 

Good luck! 

JonSieling 10-03-14

YES Aalap! When your visitors tell you what they are looking for, that means they cannot find it on their own! It's important to listen to the voices of the visitor data &colonSmiley Wink