Rich-text Reply

50/50 Traffic not reflected in results

Laurie 03-08-16
Accepted Solution

50/50 Traffic not reflected in results

Hi,

I have set up a redirect page within Optimizely, to test two variations of a landing page to see which one performs better. However the traffic does not seem to be split evenly despite the traffic percentage being set to 50/50.

Can anyone tell me how to get an even result?

Level 2

MartijnSch 03-08-16

Re: 50/50 Traffic not reflected in results

Hi Laurie,

Could you let us know what the current split is that your'e seeing, it could definitely be that the pages that are being redirected have a delay in the load and because of that it could take a while before Optimizely is being loaded and will see the variant. Which will turn into an unequal balance.
Laurie 03-08-16

Hi Martijn,

I do not have as much traffic directed to the page as I would like, this is a live landing page. I currently have a split 42.4% (28 visitors) for the Original and 57.% (38 visitors) for the Variation.

I was wondering why more traffic was going to the variation rather than being split evenly between the original and the variation page?

I understand that this is not a huge amount of traffic and this could be affecting the results, but I want to make sure by the time I reach 200 visitors that the traffic is split evenly between the two pages.

I have tested the redirect and it doesn't appear that the load time would be an issue here.
Level 2
MartijnSch 03-08-16

With less then a 100 visitors in the test I wouldn't worry yet about the actual 50/50 split because it can be that a random with these numbers might turn into something less random that can't be split equally just yet. Wait for a couple hundred more visits and you probably will see it smooth out and become bigger to 50/50.