Rich-text Reply

50/50 Traffic not reflected in results

kshah 06-08-16

50/50 Traffic not reflected in results

https://app.optimizely.com/results2?experiment_id=4633191253

As you can see with this experiment I have 50-50 traffic split since 2 days ago. Still not seeing traffic being split accordingly. Lot more visitors for a particular variation. Why is that so?

Kushal.

Level 1

CouchPsycho 06-09-16

Re: 50/50 Traffic not reflected in results

Is this experiment completely new or a modified "old one"?
Can be more detailed regarding the split data ( 55% vs. 45%, number of visitors)?

"the essence of the creative act is to see the familiar as strange." (anonymous)
kshah 06-09-16

It was an old experiment I modified. But I am checking the split only since the day I modified it. 

Split is more of like 30-70. 

Level 1
CouchPsycho 06-09-16

Depending on the old test and the fact, that some of your users are returning users not knew ones, they will stay in the bucket they were put into while being part of the old test.

Recycling ;-) of old test can lead to such effects, i experienced that myself.

It is better, to create an new one.....

"the essence of the creative act is to see the familiar as strange." (anonymous)
robertchan 06-09-16

Yes, as @CouchPsycho mentioned, recycling experiments can have detrimental effects. You're likely seeing the results because visitors from your old experiment are still being bucketed into the same variant. You'll want to duplicate your existing experiment to clear results and try again.

Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero