Rich-text Reply

A/B Testing 2 Credit Card pages (Page 2) From 1 single Landing page (Page 1)

cball51 05-12-16

A/B Testing 2 Credit Card pages (Page 2) From 1 single Landing page (Page 1)

Hello,

We currently have a 3 page acquisition process as documented below. 

Page 1 (Landing Page) -----> Page 2 (Credit Card Page) -----> Page 3 (Thank You/Confirmation Page) 

What I'm trying to do is figure out how I can A/B test 2 different Credit Card pages from 1 single landing page. AKA:

Landing Page Control -----> Credit Card Page Control -----> Thank You/Confirmation Page Control

vs

Landing Page Control -----> Credit Card Page Test -----> Thank You/Confirmation Page Control

I understand most people are A/B testing the landing page, but can the second page in the sequence be A/B tested? If anyone can point me in the direction of some documentation/help on this, would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

Level 1

DavidS 05-13-16

Re: A/B Testing 2 Credit Card pages (Page 2) From 1 single Landing page (Page 1)

Hi cball51,

Thanks for reaching out to Optimizely Support!

Before I give you an answer, there are a few things to know before starting an A/B test on a checkout page, mainly about security concerns as Optimizely uses Javascript. We have a dedicated page on security that you may want to check out. 

If you wish to A/B test both the product page and the credit card page then the recommended method would be to use a funnel test so you will be able to make sure that one visitor bucketed into variation 1 on the landing page will also see variation 1 of the credit card page. We have an article on our Knowledge Base that may be of interest to you. 

You can also run separate A/B tests on the landing and the credit card page but you won't be able to make sure the bucketing is sticky between the two pages. 

Does that answer your question?

Feel more than free to reply back with any additional questions at all.

Best,
David

Optimizely