Rich-text Reply

AdWords Quality Scores

danielhenderson 05-18-15

AdWords Quality Scores

I haven't noticed my quality scores go up for specific keywords since implementing Optimizely. We took a generic landing page copy and made the copy more in tune with each of our ad groups creating over 70 pages with variations. The streamlining keyword relevance alone I thought would boost the quality score, but nothing has moved. Do Search Engines actually scan the page that has the Optimizely script on it, or is it scanning the variations layered over the original page? I have also noticed that Optimizely has slowed down some of my pages from Analytic Insights. Have you ever realized a drop in Quality Score when adding in Optimizely? Appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Daniel

Takeshi 05-19-15

Re: AdWords Quality Scores

Hi Daniel,

Google only crawls the original version of the page, not the variations, so making changes to your site via Optimizely will not have any impact on your Adwords quality score.

If you want to increase your quality score, I would make sure your keywords are in your ad title and copy, and improve your ad copy to increase your CTR, which has a big impact on quality score.

If you want to improve the score of your landing page, you will want to either include all the keywords you're targeting on the landing page, or otherwise create multiple landing pages.

Optimizely can't help improve your quality score, but it can help improve your conversion rate once visitors get to your site.

Hope that helps!
-----
Takeshi Young - SEO Manager, Optimizely

Optimizely
Takeshi 05-19-15

Re: AdWords Quality Scores

Another thing that Google looks at in determining quality score is bounce rate and other user behavior metrics. So if your Optimizely tests reduce bounce rate and improve user experience for the end user, then that can lead to an increase in quality score.
-----
Takeshi Young - SEO Manager, Optimizely

Optimizely