Rich-text Reply

Adding Click Goal: Original CTA [vs] Redirected URL CTA (Same Class Name on Both)

andriym 07-14-15

Adding Click Goal: Original CTA [vs] Redirected URL CTA (Same Class Name on Both)

I'm a little stupefied by this article especially as it relates to redirected pages. Here's my scenario and I don't know how to set up click tracking for it correctly : 

I have a redirected URL test set up (a set of pages where url in Original redirects to url2 for Variation #1). Both url and url2 pages have the same CSS class name for the main CTA button in their template. My developer has already coded these two buttons to have a matching class selector :

ORIGINAL PAGE: <div class="field field-name-field-job-portal-link field-type-link-field field-label-hidden">

NEW REDIRECTED PAGE: <div class="field field-name-field-job-portal-link field-type-link-field field-label-hidden intl-landing-summary-cta">

Now what steps should I follow to set up a goal that would compare "clicked element field field-name-field-job-portal-link field-type-link-field field-label-hidden" correctly between ORIGINAL and REDIRECTED pages? 

Any input would be really appreciated!

P.S. And do the above classes have to be a 100% exact match? I doubt it myself and I the devs told me it shouldn't matter, since the trailing intl-landing-summary-cta part in the REDIRECTED page's class name still means that class as a whole matches the original field field-name-field-job-portal-link field-type-link-field field-label-hidden (AFAIK from my CSS knowledge before, that's just a more specific subset of the ORIGINAL page class).

Level 2

MartijnSch 07-14-15

Re: Adding Click Goal: Original CTA [vs] Redirected URL CTA (Same Class Name on Both)

Just go with the event tracking for you goal and then directly go to the advanced setup dropdown to make sure you can add the class yourself. If you'll add: ".field.field-name-field-job-portal-link.field-type-link-field.field-label-hidden" and are sure it's the same across both pages it should work.
andriym 07-14-15

Re: Adding Click Goal: Original CTA [vs] Redirected URL CTA (Same Class Name on Both)

[ Edited ]

Hmmm @MartijnSch I only get this UI for adding an event tracking goal - no "advanced setup" dropdown you mentioned :

my-event-goal-ui.png

Level 2
siherron 07-15-15

@andriym - change the "What to track" drop-down to "Clicks" and you should see the available options on the modal change to include an "Advanced" option appear at the bottom (See the first screenshot)

Capture clicks

The second screenshot illustrates 'where' you should place the selector:

Capture_clicks_open

Does that help?

Simon Herron
Optimisation Consultant
Level 2