Rich-text Reply

Any hints on Optimizely billing?

stage32 11-16-16

Any hints on Optimizely billing?

Hi guys and gals,

I'm trying to update my payment method, but apparently it's not an option anywhere. I tried to contact support, but apperently starter plan that we've had for a while does not offer email support, so now I guess I'm bound to having my account removed for non-payment because the credit card on file lapsed. Did anyone else have that issue?

I don't even have a clue what the monthly payment is, I only know I can cancel it... Smiley Happy

optimizely

Level 2

robertchan 11-16-16

Re: Any hints on Optimizely billing?

You should contact your account representative if you've already tried regular support.
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
stage32 11-16-16

I don't think I have a representative. I can't contact regular support, I'm getting a message that I need to upgrade to obtain support, but I'm not even sure what I'd be upgrading from, haha, or will I be losing some sort of grandparented-in features. I think that my predecessor set this up a long while ago, since the plan we're on is no longer being offered.
Level 2
robertchan 11-16-16

I checked, and you seem to be on the Starter (legacy) plan. There should be 3 users under your account, and it's possible that one of them has access to your billing while you do not. This is the recommended number to call: 1-800-252-9480

As it seems you've just got support in the community here, you can try to use the @ sign to reach out to someone in charge of billing on the Optimizely team.
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
stage32 11-16-16

Thanks Robert, I tried the number. However distorted their voicemail sounded I think I was able to decode the message after the 5th time I heard it and sent them an email. Hopefully someone will be able to get back to me.

Cheers!
Tomasz
Level 2
robertchan 11-17-16

Anytime and hope you get everything sorted accordingly.
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
DanielQ 11-17-16

Hi Tomasz,

Let me know if you don't hear back from anyone and I can track someone down to help!

Daniel
Daniel Quick, Optimizely
Optimizely
stage32 11-17-16

Thanks @DanielQ,
I'm starting to think that we're on some sort of a free plan, which would make total sense now. I took over my predecessor and he didn't leave me much info, I just didn't want to close anything that we might still be using, but also wanted to ensure that billing is up to par, but from what I hear, this account hasn't been really utilized. I'll do some more digging, but I suppose if there is a card on file and it's expired, they'll probably send me a warning info sooner or later. Smiley Happy
Level 2
DanielQ 11-17-16

Yes, if you're on a "Starter" plan, then it's free and we won't bill you anything. You're also right that our billing department will send you ample warning if they need you to update your billing information!
Daniel Quick, Optimizely
Optimizely