Rich-text Reply

Auto add to audience using query string parameter

hemang 09-02-15

Auto add to audience using query string parameter

Hi 

I have created an audience using php wrapper class. I am not able to add that audience to any experiment from class. 

I have created audience using qyery parameter. If that query condition matches then will it add visitor that audience or I must assign it to an experiment

Also how I can know number of visitors in a particular audience 

Thanks

Hemang

Level 2

Re: Auto add to audience using query string parameter

Hi @hemang,

If I understand your question correctly, you are correct, you can create an audience via our REST API, but you cannot assign that audience to an experiment using that same endpoint.  You'd want to use our update experiments endpoint do so.

You can certainly assign visitors to an audience using the addToAudience JavaScript API call, but you are correct, this won't affect the experience of those visitors until you attach that audience to an experiment and push it live.  Once you do attach an audience to an experiment, Optimizely will evaluate whether that visitor qualifies for that audience's conditions, but we aren't "assigning" the visitor to the audience.  The audience's evaluation is a transient true/false flag.

If you want to see how many visitors have qualified for an audience, you'll want to turn segmentation on for that audience.  Then run an A/A test across your entire site for some amount of time, and then you can filter the Results Page for that segmented audience.

Did I provide some helpful information?

Harrison Krat
Solutions Architect | Optimizely, Inc.
harrison@optimizely.com

hemang 09-11-15

Re: Auto add to audience using query string parameter

Hi @Harrison_Krat

Thanks a lot for your Kind Support.

update_experiment is working as per my requirement

Thanks
Hemang
Level 2