Rich-text Reply

Automated Email and Google Spreadsheet Reporting with the Results API [a step-by-step guide]

tFox 10-09-14

Automated Email and Google Spreadsheet Reporting with the Results API [a step-by-step guide]

[ Edited ]

Hey fellow optimizers,

I am really enjoing this community of like-minded folks. I just wanted to share something I put together with Google Apps Script, Google Spreadsheets and Optimizely Results API to automatically report the status of active experiments. Please have a look at the post and give it a try. I would love to hear how it works out for you and any improvement opportunities!

http://trevorfox.com/2014/10/automate-optimizely-reports-results-api

thanks, 

Trevor

screenshot: 

Optimizely Google Spreadsheets

Level 2

Tiutan 10-09-14

Re: Automated Email and Google Spreadsheet Reporting with the Results API [a step-by-step guide]

[ Edited ]

This is great, Trevor. Thanks for sharing!

Chris Tiutan
Optimizely, Inc. 415.409.9169
Optimizely

Re: Automated Email and Google Spreadsheet Reporting with the Results API [a step-by-step guide]

Tried it out and it works like a charm. Thanks for posting this, Trevor!

Keith Lovgren

adzeds 10-10-14

Link appears to be broken?

David Shaw
Level 11
Amanda 10-13-14

c_edmonson 12-24-14

[ Edited ]

Hi @tFox 

I've been looking to do this and came across your step-by-step guide when searching this topic and then also found it here on Optiverse. I know that the Optimizely interface changed since your wrote this and now I'm having trouble figuring out where to go to email reports (Step 2). Any idea on where I need to go to do this now?

Thanks,
Chris

Amanda 12-24-14

[ Edited ]

@c_edmonson ,

I could be wrong here, and I'll let @tFox  confirm, but I believe the "email reports" from Step 2 is actually within the spreadsheet he linked to. Once you populate your API token in the spreadsheet, you'll see a tab at the top called "Optimizely Reports." The last option in the dropdown is "email reports". See the attached image below for reference. 

Screen Shot 2014-12-23 at 9.03.58 PM.png

Optimizely
Kees 04-22-15

Spreadsheet report function works great. I am trying to get deeper into the script to customise the reports.
Level 2

working for an agency I have been looking for good examples of a dashboard that presents data for live tests for several accounts and projects. Have any of you built/seen something like this?

Benji 10-18-15

Hi there! 

Just got the following message trying to generate an email report: 

"The Optimizely API returned status code 410. Check your API key."

Anyone? Smiley Happy 

Level 1
Amanda 10-19-15

@Benji - Where did you grab your API key from? You will need to enter your own key, which can be found at https://app.optimizely.com/tokens

I just tested with my own key on a copy of of the spreadsheet as described here (http://www.swellpath.com/2014/10/optimizely-report-automation/) and it successfully worked for me. 

I would also encourage you to ensure you don't have any extra spaces in there by accident. 

Can you let me know if you are able to get this working or if you continue to have issues?

Optimizely
lorimcneill 01-05-16

Thanks for the awesome tool! Is there a way to get this to extract the results from all of my projects instead of just one?

lorimcneill 01-05-16

I see now... I started with the spreadsheet reports and only got one experiment result. So then I tried the email reports (just for fun), and I am getting results from all projects. I believe that the issue is that the title of the first experiment it retrieved longer than the character allowance for naming google sheets. Modifying the script to exclude the experiment names solved my problem (sort of).
Amanda 02-02-16

Hi everyone! @corneliusdo modified this spreadsheet and iterated on it to make it better. Check it out: https://community.optimizely.com/t5/Using-Optimizely/Automate-data-collection-for-experiments-Feedba...

Optimizely
corneliusdo 02-02-16

I hope it's a worthy successor!
Cornelius Do
Digital Channels @ CommBank