Rich-text Reply

Bandwidth limitations?

jforres 06-20-16

Bandwidth limitations?

I’m assuming there’s a bandwidth limitation (i.e. the number of monthly uniques you can include in testing) on the free plan, but I don’t see that info on the site. Is there one? What is it? 

Thanks!

Level 1

Tibo 06-21-16

Re: Bandwidth limitations?

Hi there,

There's indeed a limit of 50,000 Monthly Unique Visitors on the Starter (free) plan. It's no longer on the plans page, as the Starter plan is no longer offered by Optimizely, but you can find a list of features, including for the legacy Starter plan, in the Knowledge base:

https://help.optimizely.com/Set_Up_Optimizely/Plan_types%3A_Features,_upgrading,_and_downgrading

Hope this helps!
Optimizely
jforres 06-21-16

So the only plan available to me is "Enterprise"? Looks like everything else is legacy?
Level 1
Tibo 06-21-16

If you do not want to commit to an Enterprise plan, Optimizely also offers a monthly Pay As You Go plan at $49 per 1,000 MUV.

Note that you can also try Optimizely Enterprise Premium for free for 30 days, with no MUV limit.

For more information on our current offering and our 30-day trial, check out https://www.optimizely.com/plans/

Optimizely
bw-bloodbuy 08-05-16

Is there a way to cap the number of visitors on the pay-as-you go plan?  i.e. once we reach 1000 unique visitors, we simply stop running visitors through the experiment? We're expecting some positive press coverage in the next few months, but as a small startup, 10,000 monthly visitors on the pay-as-you-go plan would be disastrous for our budget.

Tibo 08-08-16

The Pay As You Go Plan lets you set a limit on how much you want to spend in a given 30 day billing period, i.e. your monthly budget. This is optional but can be a helpful in your case. If you reach the amount of MUV corresponding to your budget, all your experiments will be automatically paused. You can change your budget at anytime from your account page.
Optimizely