Rich-text Reply

CTA Button Displayed Twice On One Page

joejob 06-14-16

CTA Button Displayed Twice On One Page

Hi,

I have a Sign Up button displayed at the top and the bottom of my home page.

I want to split test the text on this button(s)

Original: Sign Up

Variation 01: Get Started

Varation 02: Create A Free Account

Considering the button is displayed at the top and the button of my site, how should i go about tracking this, as it's displayed twice on the page? Thanks in advance for your help.

Level 2

robertchan 06-14-16

Re: CTA Button Displayed Twice On One Page

Assuming the buttons have the same class, you can right click on one button and add click tracking to the button. You would set up two variants in addition to your original variant, and the two additional variants would be "Get Started" and "Create A Free Account."

If you want to track differences in performance between the top and bottom button. You could add a class to each button then track those classes instead.
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
joejob 06-24-16

Hi, thank you for your reply, and apologies for my late reply.

Could you please elaborate on:

"If you want to track differences in performance between the top and bottom button. You could add a class to each button then track those classes instead."

How can i track a class, thank you.
Level 2
robertchan 06-24-16

To add and track a class. Right click on the element you want to add a class to, go to Edit Element, click Edit Classes, and type in a custom class name (for example, ButtonA), hit the plus button then done.

Next, go to Set Up Goals (the icon right next to the Start Experiment button near the top of your experiment). Click Create a New Goal. Change What to Track to Clicks and type in a Goal Name followed by clicking Advanced. Within your Advanced panel, type in your class name (if you're using the example class we added earlier, you'd type .ButtonA please note that you need to include the dot otherwise it won't be a class).
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
joejob 06-28-16

Great, thanks. I'll try this later today.
Level 2