Rich-text Reply

Can I track total conversions instead of unique conversions?

StyleLounge 02-23-15

Can I track total conversions instead of unique conversions?

Hi there,

I am using Optimizely but cannot find a way to display total results instead of uniques. I found a post in the community where it is possible for mobile experiments, but not for desktop experiments.

Thanks in advance,

Johannes

greg 02-24-15

Re: Can I track total conversions instead of unique conversions?

The way I do this is by sending an event to Google Analytics every time the goal is reached, because GA does not de-duplicate events. You can couple this with Optimizely's Google Analytics integration to tie events with variations, or you can just add variation data to the event itself.

For example, if I want to track clicks on a button without de-duplication, I'd add this to the experiment code:

$("#myButton").click(function(){window.ga('send','event','experiment1','variation1','click myButton');});

More about the Google event function: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/events

It's not ideal, but there's no built-in method to do this in Optimizely (that I'm aware of).

Level 2
jatinpopli a month ago

Re: Can I track total conversions instead of unique conversions?

[ Edited ]

Now a days conversation can be tracked and informative knowledge about these things can be gained by playing online crossword puzzles and by using your knowledge play the game and learn new things as well