Rich-text Reply

Changes not getting saved

ssarosh 12-02-15

Changes not getting saved

[ Edited ]

When I make changes to Optimzely and saved, it says "Saved". However, when I go to the website through the browser, none of the new variations are showing up (I tired using several devices and the new variations not showing up). In fact, even when I switch to Interactive Mode, the chagnes are not showing up (It shows up the right way in Editor Mode).

Level 1

robertchan 12-02-15

Re: Changes not getting saved

You need to wait for the text next to the Saved button to not say "Uploading to CDN..." - after that, open a new tab, and paste in the variant like so:

http://YOURURL/?optimizely_xYOUREXPERIMENTNUMBER=YOURVARIANTNUMBER

On Chrome for Mac, you can hit command shift R to hard refresh. If you're still not seeing the changes then you need to make sure your code is right, or set a time out on your code - example:

//You can paste this into your variation code
setTimeout
(function(){ YOUR CODE }, 2000); //every 1000 is a second on the timer
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
ssarosh 12-16-15

Re: Changes not getting saved

It keeps saying Uploading to CDN... Nothing happens after that..

There is some issue with the CDN I am on. Even during loading of pages, sometime it gets stuck with white screen and does not load the page with message on status bar "waiting on cdn.optimizely.com.."

I have already spent quite a bit of time on this, and it would be much easier if you can move my account to a different CDN server. Thanks so much!

Level 1