Rich-text Reply

Changing an image that acts as a link

ConwayM 02-19-16

Changing an image that acts as a link

We have an image that when you click on it sends you to another page. I want to A/B test two different types of images, how do I make that happen? I've tried to "edit text" and the scheduled image shows up, but i'm not able to swap it out. 

Level 1

JDahlinANF 02-19-16

Re: Changing an image that acts as a link

[ Edited ]

You should not be selecting "edit text", you change images by doing a right-click on the image and select "Edit Element" --> "Change Image".

Perhaps the image you are trying to modify actually exists as a CSS background-image?

ConwayM 02-19-16

It doesn't give me the option to change image because it's not a static image. The space on the site where this image is located only has the option to link elsewhere. So we rotate in different images on a daily basis and link out to various pages. So we want to test two different images that link to the same place. i'm not sure if this is doable based on how the site is set up
Level 1
JDahlinANF 02-19-16

You may change which image displays in that location on a frequent basis, but when yo uinteract with the editor, you are working on a rendered version of the page that has a specific image loaded.  When using the WYSIWIG editor, if you are right-clicking on an actual image, the pop-up menu will match what I described above.

You've indicated that it says "Edit Text" which makes me think that the image is a CSS background image and there is some text overlayed on top of the image.  You can use Optimizely to override a CSS's background image, but given the uncertainty in how your site is set up, you may want to get a DEV to look at it. (Or, post a link to your live site with clear instructions on which image you want to change and someone will surely help you out)